diy solar

diy solar

1000v multi port connector

MarkSolar

Solar Enthusiast
I need to do a long DC wire pull between my array and the inverter, so I want to do it in two pulls and put a junction box in the middle where I'll join the wires. I normally use Polaris multi port connectors for this kind of connection, but they're only good for 600v and the string will run at 750v. Anyone know of a 1000v rated connector?

I'm impressed that you are setting up a system with over 600vdc in Chicago far metro area. Is this some type of commercial installation? What inverter are you using?

Hi Mark,
Have you considered doing it in two pulls, but not splicing the cable if it is too far to pull it all in one pull? Pull all the slack out the mid point, then put it all back in for pull 2? Would require some good wire management.

What kind of distance you talking? Sounds like a fun project.

Hi Mark,
Have you considered doing it in two pulls, but not splicing the cable if it is too far to pull it all in one pull? Pull all the slack out the mid point, then put it all back in for pull 2? Would require some good wire management.

What kind of distance you talking? Sounds like a fun project.
Yes that's what I've decided to do. It's 450' and I have 6 LBs along the way that I can use to break up the distance. I'm going to pick one LB closest to the middle and pull in one direction, then unspool the rest of the wire and lay it on a clean tarp so it doesn't get too dirty and then pull the other direction.

diy solar

diy solar
Back