diy solar

diy solar

12 to 24v dc to dc charger options?

Jacob Scoville

What's the highest output options for a 12 to 24v dc to dc converter with a charge profile?

I'm in the process of figuring out a setup for an 11S 24v LTO system. I was hoping to take advantage of the faster charge times and use a bigger DC to DC converter (currently use a 50 amp one with my old 12v system) and had my eyes set on this 12 to 24v dc to dc converter with double the power (50 amps at 24v)

But after further review, it seems like all it does is convert and output at 50 amps 24v, no option for a charge profile (?). The only options I see from Victron with any sort of charge profile options cap out at a much lower voltage (15 amps @ 24v). There's a Sterling 12-24v 35 amp option but the build quality and reviews don't seem as good as Victron. Is there any other options I'm missing? Putting in a 270 amp alternator (upgrade from the 150 I've been using) with a pretty high idle amperage so I know it will handle just about any charger I throw at it.

Hi Jacob,

Did you ever figure out a good 12v to 24v dc to dc charger? We have a 24v system that we're currently installing on our bus (skoolie) and I would like to add this to our system.

Thanks!

Back