diy solar

diy solar

12 volt or 24 help low AH

Dwd902

Hello all,

My wife and I have been living off grid almost 4 years now. Our current system is 12 volts with 540 watts of solar and 8 lead acid 6 volt 100AH battery's wired series parallel. We only use solar for a small 12 volt fridge, separate freezer, small washer, various battery's(tools and AAA ect.), phone and minor USB stuff. We have a child and are expecting another soon. Here is the issue. The wife wants a real washer and a overhead light with fan. Our batteries are starting to degrade so I figured I would update system. I was looking at the all in ones and am concerned with 1000 watt max for my needs. Especially for washer. Wasn't sure if getting 2 mpp for 2000 watts was better or going tob24 volt system. I plan on getting 2 12 volt 200AH lifepo4 batteries. Looking for any advice if possible. Thank you.

EDIT:PIP1012LV-MK is what I was thinking of getting 2 of.

How much solar are you upgrading to?
5120Wh will need 930 W solar minimum to recharge in an average 5.5h day…
If the washer is the only power hog increase, it shouldn’t impact the drain of the battery too much, a ceiling fan will use up a lot of Wh depending on hours of use…

How much solar are you upgrading to?
5120Wh will need 930 W solar minimum to recharge in an average 5.5h day…
If the washer is the only power hog increase, it shouldn’t impact the drain of the battery too much, a ceiling fan will use up a lot of Wh depending on hours of use…
I wasn't planning on increasing solar. The unit max is 600 watts. I'd have to buy all new panels.

Would it make sense to get 4 12 volt lifepo4 200AH battery's and a make it 25 volt system with a 24 volt all in one?

More battery, means more solar needed, if used. 24V means the 12V appliances will need transformers for power.

More battery, means more solar needed, if used. 24V means the 12V appliances will need transformers for power.
Okay thank you. Could I get 2 of these panels:
  • Power(Pmax): 335W
  • Maximum Power Voltage(Vmp): 34.1V
  • Maximum Power Current(Imp): 9.85A
  • Open Circuit Voltage(Voc): 41.6V
  • Short Circuit Current(Isc): 10.4A
And add them to my current ones
Pmax. 280
Vmp 31.7
Imp 8.8
Voc 38.4
Isc 9.42