diy solar

diy solar

120volt battery bank

I have 5 years only. I just need help but I feel like I'm getting attacked. It's all good though. Shows how many children are here.
Yes, many see help, and feel it is an attack. Many see statements of credentials, in a sentence showing vast inaccuracies, and assume lies...
fear not.
Help is here, and I will try and keep the arguments to a minimum.

Oh, certainly 120V is possible. Just not the 200Ah part, with only 4 50Ah batteries. To do that, you would need 16 24V 50Ah batteries...

It is simple math. You just have to remember to increase, BOTH amps and volts, you have to increase, series, And Parallel.
I understand the math regarding series and parallel and ohms law in general. That was my 1st idea was a huge battery bank to achieve 120 volt bank. However I'm pretty sure it's possible to charge the batteries separate then combine the volts and amps. Not series or parallel, charge separate then combine post battery bank pre inverter. Maybe it's not possible I dont know

I never said it boost them. It combines them together. Thank you
Ok.
Let us try it this way.
What you asked for is impossible.

you asked for a combiner box that would make six 40V panels at 10A produce 240V at 60 amps... it doesn’t exist...

That would take an additional 30 panels.

I never said it boost them. It combines them together. Thank you
Once again you do not need a combiner box when Series connecting 6 panels.
Series combines Voltage but leaves Amps the same.
So 240V 10A
Not 240V 60A

Everybody, let’s start over.

sunray.
What do you want to accomplish?
the end goal, not what combines to make what...
what are you trying to power? And why are you planning 240V batteries?

One step at a time.

the people who believe in perpetual energy do so, because they assume things, and don’t look at it properly.

Let’s look at this properly.

one step at a time.

You know ohms law.

good, let’s start there. First, add up the total watts of the six 425W panels, 2550W maximum from the panels.

Now, ohms law shows the watts needed to make 240V at 60A just 240x60 that is... 14,400 soo... WAY more watts than 6 425 watt panels can produce. See?

My panles will not be in series or parallel
Ok lay out the wiring diagram for your 6 panels to get 240V AND 60A
If you want 240V you will only have 10A
60A is a mistake.
6 x 40V is 240V but only 10A total.

Its not the blueprint you would have to pay for its the research, development and production for an inverter.
Lets say you went with a 32s lifepo4 battery.
A 32s BMS would also be required.
The voltage range is 80VDC to 116.8VDC.
Are my Hope's to high? Should I just settle with a 96 volt battery bank? Or is that still too high for todays diy solar?

Ok lay out the wiring diagram for your 6 panels to get 240V AND 60A
If you want 240V you will only have 10A
60A is a mistake.
6 x 40V is 240V but only 10A total.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210220-075837_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-075837_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 6
This is a combiner box. You can land 6 individual solar panels in the incoming side that combines for a single output. Maybe I'm not reading it correctly but that's what it says.

Are my Hope's to high? Should I just settle with a 96 volt battery bank? Or is that still too high for todays diy solar?
A battery has a voltage range and a nominal voltage.
If you want a lifepo4 battery with a nominal votlage of 120VDC then it would be 37 or 38s.
That is as weird as a koolaid sandwich and possibly less effcient than a 32s battery.
if the nominal voltage is 120VAC then you will need a buck/boost converter as opposed to just boost.
Lifepo4 batteries as far as I know always increment binary.
2^2=4 2^3=8 2^4=16...

That combiner, is nothing more than a breaker panel for dc.

as an electrician. If you come to a house with a 60 amp service, you remove the 60Amp panel, and install a 200A panel, will the house now have 200A?
no, of course not. The house will still have a 60Amp service.
It is the same with batteries, and solar panels...

There is the pic
Your pic does not explain anything.
That is not a wiring diagram of your 6 panels.

YOU DO NOT NEED A COMBINER BOX TO CONNECT 6 PANELS in Series to get 240V and 10A.
Not matter how you connect your 6 panels you will never get 240V and 60A.

Wiring your 6 panels is easy.
Take the postive of each panel and connect to the negative of the next panel in a chain.
That is Series connection.

This is a combiner box. You can land 6 individual solar panels in the incoming side that combines for a single output. Maybe I'm not reading it correctly but that's what it says.
Yes. The combiner box will land 6 strings of solar panels and it will support UP TO 65A of panels, but to get that output, you have to put in the watts from the total amount of solar panels.

A battery has a voltage range and a nominal voltage.
If you want a lifepo4 battery with a nominal votlage of 120VDC then it would be 37 or 38s.
That is as weird as a koolaid sandwich and possibly less effcient than a 32s battery.
if the nominal voltage is 120VAC then you will need a buck/boost converter as opposed to just boost.
Lifepo4 batteries as far as I know always increment binary.
2^2=4 2^3=8 2^4=16...
Okay what would you say is a "ideal" practical bank size. I'll have a 6,000 watt inverter. I'll hardly ever need that much power but I want it for when I do.

Back