diy solar

diy solar

14.4v to 9v????

Hello, I have 560AH of LifePo4 battery power. System was working great. I just installed a samlex evo 3012. Install went well. I was testing the inverter and started my microwave and lost power. Now even on house battery I show 14.4v until I turn on the house kill switch and immediately drop to 9v and fluctuate. The batteries still show 14.4 volts and no fluctuation. Did I somehow ruin my cables? They are 1/0 cables going to a victron shunt. I also disconnected these and my house cables show the same issue and is a seperate line. Any suggestions? Just not sure its the battery or cables. I have ran the microwave with these batteries before but with a renogy inverter.

If you're reading 9V at the inverter and 14.4 at the inverter connections (battery), I suspected you have a loose connection or it has a bad internal connection or other defect.

Thanks Snoobler. I do believe I got these cables for free. I will change them out with 4/0 on Weds or Thurs. Oddly enough I started the motorhome and drove it for about 3 minutes and the house lights worked. I tried starting the generator and back to the same problem. We will see when the new cables arrive.

Back