diy solar

diy solar

Are equipment-supplied cables really big enough for 100A?

That's the silicone which is comfortably warm on the outside?
I'll bet the copper is uncomfortably warm. Unless a short enough run that "heatsinks" on the ends draw off enough thermal energy.

A thicker cable won't prevent the breaker from tripping. A 125A breaker should not trip at 80A.
What other items should i look at i did see the negative cable has came out of the bootlace ferrel so i recrimped that and resecured it in the breaker. will look at the other connectors.

After leaving the circuit breaker for 2 hours to cool down. i have turned it on and reduce the amp charge to 70 and it lasted a few minutes to it tripped again.

What other items should i look at i did see the negative cable has came out of the bootlace ferrel so i recrimped that and resecured it in the breaker. will look at the other connectors.
Please start your own thread and not hijack my thread with a totally unrelated question. TIA.

You could power a tiny power supply with the bms and use it to control the inverter relay if it has one and/or a battery disconnect device. Not only will you not have to worry about the wires but your BMS might last longer.

You could power a tiny power supply with the bms and use it to control the inverter relay if it has one and/or a battery disconnect device. Not only will you not have to worry about the wires but your BMS might last longer.
Thanks, but I don't understand your point. I want to be able to draw or charge at 100A.

Thanks, but I don't understand your point. I want to be able to draw or charge at 100A.
You could draw or charge at 500 amps if your not drawing through the BMS. Assuming you have a 2000 aH battery and appropriate battery cables. What I said doesn't really make sense because if you wanted to do that could get an external BMS.

You could draw or charge at 500 amps if your not drawing through the BMS. Assuming you have a 2000 aH battery and appropriate battery cables. What I said doesn't really make sense because if you wanted to do that could get an external BMS.
Hmmm. I have a Solis hybrid inverter that can draw or charge at 100A and an Overkill / JBD BMS that can handle 100A. I believe I explained all that in post #1.

My battery Ah capacity is irrelevant to my original question, though you could deduce that it is 280Ah from the 14kWh figure I gave in post #5.

I'm sorry but I really have no idea why you are referring to 500A and 2000aH or how that relates to my question about cable size of the Solis inverter and Overkill BMS when drawing the maximum of 100A? :unsure:

Reactions: Jet
Back