diy solar

diy solar

175amp fuse attached directly to shunt?

RichO

Is there a good reason not to attach a large DC fuse directly to the load side of a shunt? Space is limited.
Thanks anyone!

My shunt goes on the negative cable. My fuses go on the positive.

Yeah that is the standard shunt but I have a Smart Shunt that is supposed to be connected to B+, so I can't think of any reason not to attach a fuse directly and lose one more connection.
Any thoughts are welcome.

Yeah that is the standard shunt but I have a Smart Shunt that is supposed to be connected to B+, so I can't think of any reason not to attach a fuse directly and lose one more connection.
Any thoughts are welcome.
I have a thing literally called a smart shunt and it goes on the negative.

Got a link?

Is there a good reason not to attach a large DC fuse directly to the load side of a shunt? Space is limited.
Thanks anyone!
Depending on your loads, the fuse may generate some heat. That heat MAY affect the accuracy of the shunt. I'm not familiar with the PowerMon shunt, so I may be all wet here. :unsure:

Attachments

• Opera Snapshot_2021-09-28_104340_cdn.shopify.com.png
    Opera Snapshot_2021-09-28_104340_cdn.shopify.com.png
    249.1 KB · Views: 3
Depending on your loads, the fuse may generate some heat. That heat MAY affect the accuracy of the shunt. I'm not familiar with the Victron shunt, so I may be all wet here. :unsure:
Shunt is 500a and loads are large 150a 24V often, but all wire sizes are correct or over cap.

Back