diy solar

diy solar

18650 Battery Store HELP!

MacGregor

Hey everybody, I need some experienced advice. I purchased a pallet of battery cells from the 18650 Battery Store website for a project I need done a.s.a.p.

I paid $5,400 for the 40 cells and another $500 to have them trucked from the 18650 Battery Store lot in Georgia to my Garage in Arizona.

I capacity tested all 40 cells and starting tomorrow will be re-capacity testing all 40 with video and photo evidence this time (per the forum guidelines) which I will post here daily as I get it.

For now, my question for you all is what is the fastest way to get ALL my money back from the used battery salesmen and get this pallet of cells off my property and back to where it came from?

Attachments

• 18650 8 Screenshot 2023-01-31 074957 (2).png
    18650 8 Screenshot 2023-01-31 074957 (2).png
    50 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCF3837 (2).JPG
    DSCF3837 (2).JPG
    400.1 KB · Views: 285
Wow. What's the problem with the cells? What did the seller say?
Haven't seen anything bad about them, was ready to use them for my next purchase.

OP tell us what you tested them to, it appears you purchased some grade B 304. Also what tester are you using?

Thanks

I'm curious what's so bad about them. They are grade B so I would not expect 304Ah out of them.

I'm curious what's so bad about them. They are grade B so I would not expect 304Ah out of them.

As quoted from their site:

"Guaranteed to pull 304Ah+"

For now, my question for you all is what is the fastest way to get ALL my money back from the used battery salesmen and get this pallet of cells off my property and back to where it came from?
Welcome to the diysolar forum.

Now that we've got the formalities out of the way, tell us what's the problem. You contacted the 18650batterystore and they will not return your calls or they told you to take a hike, or what?

For now I'll just answer your question straight up. Contact the 18650batterystore and negotiate a return.

Hey everybody, I need some experienced advice. I purchased a pallet of battery cells from the 18650 Battery Store website for a project I need done a.s.a.p.

I paid $5,400 for the 40 cells and another $500 to have them trucked from the 18650 Battery Store lot in Georgia to my Garage in Arizona.

I capacity tested all 40 cells and starting tomorrow will be re-capacity testing all 40 with video and photo evidence this time (per the forum guidelines) which I will post here daily as I get it.

My 280k’s and 105’s have been great from 18650. As good as Amy’s at SLT. They are not automotive grade. What equipment did you use to test them. It took a long time for me to test 40 and I have a 50A, 30A, 20A linear mode power supplies. If you really need to return them fast, drive three days east, three days west, spend $1000 for gas, $1000 for hotel, $300 food.

I purchased 8 230ah cells from them in dec. The cell have been perfect, in great condition , well balanced and stay well balanced. I paid for the garde A cells because I had trouble in the past with grade B cell from other sellers. I am always surprised that poeple purchase grade B cell after all the talk on this forum about grade B cell problems. Do not try to save a few dollars with grade B cell and them complain about them, do your research before you buy.

What’s the problem the suspense is killing us???

I purchased 8 230ah cells from them in dec. The cell have been perfect, in great condition , well balanced and stay well balanced. I paid for the garde A cells because I had trouble in the past with grade B cell from other sellers. I am always surprised that poeple purchase grade B cell after all the talk on this forum about grade B cell problems. Do not try to save a few dollars with grade B cell and them complain about them, do your research before you buy.

Oh great. Got 8 grade b cells sitting in my garage now.

Does this mean I just bought nothing but problems.

Can't win here. Server rack batteries look better everyday

MacGreggor,

you should have posted your test results at least for a few cells when you made this thread, now you just make claims and leave us all wondering wtf is going on.

Many of us are interested in this company because they are being upfront but also guaranteeing a minimum level of quality. Un like Alibaba/express who just blatantly bs about being grade A or put fake qr codes trying everything to deceive.

Seeing as your account is new and all... We hope you post your results soon otherwise this is starting to look like a smear campaign tbh.

MacGreggor,

you should have posted your test results at least for a few cells when you made this thread, now you just make claims and leave us all wondering wtf is going on.

Many of us are interested in this company because they are being upfront but also guaranteeing a minimum level of quality. Un like Alibaba/express who just blatantly bs about being grade A or put fake qr codes trying everything to deceive.

Seeing as your account is new and all... We hope you post your results soon otherwise this is starting to look like a smear campaign tbh.
“Read this before posting here

• Thread starter Will Prowse
  • Start date Aug 25, 2022
If you had a bad experience with a vendor, you can post your experience in this forum. But be sure to follow the guidelines below to avoid problems:

You need to provide evidence of your claims (email threads with the company, videos of the faulty equipment, return shipping experience and processing, phone and email response time, etc.).

If you are found to be lying to tarnish the name of a company, said company may pursue legal action against you. This goes with any type of online review.

• If you are found to be lying on this forum, it is grounds for account deletion.

• Stick to the facts, and avoid emotional response. Provide evidence of every claim you state.”

Back