diy solar

diy solar

18kpv Start Up

Redflyer

Just threw the switch, but I have a 'warn light' and the battery symbol is red. I've tried to change battery settings, but nothing seems to work.

Same for the solar. It's green at least, shows the volts but doesn't show any incoming watts. I would think it would start working instantly with solar and EG4 batteries.

Any ideas? The manual doesn't take thru the start up....just jumps into advanced settings basically.

Did you change your battery settings on the batteries (the master battery) also on the 18kpv?

No. I just had the original 6500ex setup on the batteries. Maybe that's a issue?

You think the solar will kick in after I get the batteries 'right'?

Thanks.

I have tried multiple ways to get this inverter up and running and it won't recognize the batteries.

It powers up off them.....then the green battery icon immediately goes to red. I've tried the top battery with all dip switches down. Nothing. I moved to the second one with the dip switches in battery two config. Nothing. I've made sure the inverter knows it's Lithium and 0-Lithum-0. Still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

I'll give that a try in the AM. It's frustrating to purchase a well built inverter....and then it doesn't work.

Even when I had the solar on it, nothing was happening. It showed the voltage from the panels...but wasn't doing anything with it.

I finally got it to recognize the batteries. And it's providing power. Now trying to get the dongle to work. Next goal is firmware update.

I finally got it to recognize the batteries. And it's providing power. Now trying to get the dongle to work. Next goal is firmware update.
For the Wi-Fi dongle, you would want to make sure that it is connected to a 2.4ghz connection and that the router is not set to auto-negotiate.

Got it hooked up. It's on a 5ghz connection I believe, but I also have a 2.4ghz if needed.

Back