diy solar

diy solar

(2) 80 A Charge Controllers vs (3) 150 A Fuses to 3 parallel LiFePo4 Battery Banks

Bayou

Greetings fellow Solar DIY'rs,

I have (2) 80 amp charge controllers connected to 600 amp bus bars. I have (3) LiFePo4 24v battery banks, 100A BMS, connected in parallel each with its own 150 amp fuse then to the bus bar. [(3) 390w bifacial panels in series on the first controller and (2) 390w bifacial panels in series on the second controller]

If 2 banks go offline, or reach capacity, does this create a situation with the bank that is still charging? I suppose the BMS would limit the charge to 100A but don't want to rely on that. I could set a lower Charging Limit Voltage on the second controller but that won't help if 2 banks go offline and 3rd bank is at 50% of charge.

I'm currently in the build phase but have the opportunity to break off 1 battery bank and 1 charge controller if combining the charge controllers is a problem. I also have an older 30 amp charge controller w/(2) 300w panels on hand.

Charge controllers are Epever Tracer 8415 AN. I haven't considered connecting the charge controllers in parallel but can if it can address the possible issue identified above.

Thank you for your time.

We'll considering you don't have enough PV to even exceed 100a at 24v you have nothing to worry about. Unless you're planning to add more PV

Thank you. I'm sure that's what I was thinking during design but now that I'm assembling I'm second guessing everything and my brain hurts.

Back