diy solar

diy solar

2 inverts 1 line

bobdelso

Can I have 1, 120v ac line that is connected to two inverters. I want to run a 300watt inverter all the time, and cycle on a 2400 watt inverter as needed. Do I have to turn the 300 watt off, or can both be running at the same time?

Can I have 1, 120v ac line that is connected to two inverters. I want to run a 300watt inverter all the time, and cycle on a 2400 watt inverter as needed. Do I have to turn the 300 watt off, or can both be running at the same time?
Do you really mean having two inverters DC input connected in parallel to the same batteries to run individual inverter as needed?
You cannot simply tie AC output of two inverter together, they has to be sync together to allow paralleling the AC output.

Last edited:
Do you really mean having two inverters DC input connected in parallel to the same batteries to run individual inverter as needed?
You cannot simply tie AC output of two inverter together, the two units (with SAME power) has to be sync together to allow paralleling the AC output.
I'm pretty sure there's no issue hooking up multiple inverters to a battery.

But yeah I was asking 2 inverters of different sizes running on the same A/C line. Sounds like I will have to turn the smaller inverter off first, or just put them on seperate lines.

I'm pretty sure there's no issue hooking up multiple inverters to a battery.

But yeah I was asking 2 inverters of different sizes running on the same A/C line. Sounds like I will have to turn the smaller inverter off first, or just put them on seperate lines.
You cannot have the AC output of the inverter tied together even they are the same Voltage unless they are designed to support that function. Are you trying to get 2700W (300W +2400W) of power by tying the AC output of the inverters together?

Last edited:
You cannot have the AC output of the inverter tied together even they are the same Voltage unless they are designed to support that function. Are you trying to get 2700W (300W +2400W) of power by tying the AC output of the inverters together?

I want to use a 300 watt inverter for my fridge that will be on 24/7. And cycle the 2400 watt inverter so it doesn't waste 50w/hr idling.

I'll probably just install 2 switches. That way I can turn one inverter off before turning the other one on.

Back