diy solar

diy solar

2 mppt chargers 1 solar panel

Gekdout

Good evening,

First time posting. I have searched for an answe

I have recently upgraded part of my solar electrical to include 2 renogy lithium 100ah batteries charged via the renogy
50A dc-dc battery charger with MPPT. This new system lives to the rear of the vehicle. My old system, which lives in the engine bay, consists of 2 odyssey 75ah batteries that are charged with a ctek d250sa. Solar charging consists of a 200w renogy eclipse suitcase. My question is how would I go about charging both battery banks with only the one solar panel.

Why not charge one battery and use a dc to dc charger to charge the second battery?
If you only need to trickle charge an engine battery for example (i do this, it works very well), there is a solution for that too (house battery charged by solar to trickle charge engine starter battery.

I do not see the mention of the 2 mppt controller as your title suggests so cannot comment on that.

Thanks for your reply. The Ctek d250sa has a built in solar charger. That is how I charged the agm batteries with my solar panel while parked previously. Now I also have the renogy dc-dc charger with mppt charging the lithium batteries and curious if I could run my solar panel hooked to both chargers.

Without considering your panel specs or inverter(s) specs, you could put a switch in place to divert panel power between the 2 SCC’s. Would require your manual switching as i envision how i would do it.

Maybe someone will chime in how to create an automated switch mechanism that would switch to other SCC when full.

Back