diy solar

diy solar

2 x 206ah SOK battery parallel, dmos

GoRound

Hi.

I currently just bought 2 x 206ah SOK batteries and after hooking up in parallel I noticed that one of the DMOS of one of the batteries is greyed out. Is this normal? When I unhook and seperate both batteries the DMOS goes green again on both. I'd assume it's because it uses the BMS of the battery im using the positive off?

Thank you.

Hi.

I currently just bought 2 x 206ah SOK batteries and after hooking up in parallel I noticed that one of the DMOS of one of the batteries is greyed out. Is this normal? When I unhook and seperate both batteries the DMOS goes green again on both. I'd assume it's because it uses the BMS of the battery im using the positive off?

Thank you.
You need to ensure the potential of each battery is as close as possible before connecting in parallel otherwise the battery may draw a large current trying to "balance" between them. That's not good. Run a full charge on each battery, it will read something like 13.59 or 14.48. When you get the batteries to within 0.1 V of each other, then connect them.

Back