diy solar

diy solar

200 watt suitcase extension cable

DavidStratton

My current set up is this: 290 watt roof mounted sp feeding to a Kisae DMT1250 controller/DC-DC charger then to two 100a SOK batteries. We seem to often camp where we can take advantage of some shade on the van. I have ordered two 100 watt rigid panels to build a portable 200 watt suitcase. I have an Epever 40a mppt controller that I had been using prior to the Kisae. I plan to use that to connect to the suitcase with the panels in series. The short-circuit current of each of the panels is 5.34A. When in series the amps don't multiply while the voltage does. The mppt controller can handle the increased voltage. I also have a spare 12awg 110v extension cord that I am hoping I can repurpose to run from the suitcase to the controller located near the batteries. Replacing connectors as needed. This seems like it should be adequate for the purpose as the controller will be close to the batteries and I could use 10 gauge pv wire that I have to connect from the scc to the batteries. If I am incorrect or asking for trouble what do you recommend. I really would like to avoid having to use individual cable to do this.
David

Ok, to clarify. The 100W panels show and open circuit voltage of 24.3V and a short circuit current of 5.34A. When the two panels are wired in series the output V doubles to 28.6V but the amperage stays the same at 5.34A. If I want the extension cord to be 25 feet is the 12AWG cord going to be adequate to the task without creating any problems?

Ok, to clarify. The 100W panels show and open circuit voltage of 24.3V and a short circuit current of 5.34A. When the two panels are wired in series the output V doubles to 28.6V but the amperage stays the same at 5.34A. If I want the extension cord to be 25 feet is the 12AWG cord going to be adequate to the task without creating any problems?
Plenty.

Back