diy solar

diy solar

240vt inverter

No. Just need a 50 amp transfer switch. Everything runs on 120 volts in virtually all RVs.

I have an automatic transfer switch to switch from shore power to generator power do I need to put in another transfer switch?
Yes if expected to be wired in and operate at the push of a button. Could plug the main cord into the inverter with an adapter. Also need to disable the converter to avoid a power loop. Or power a single branch circuit with a small 15/20 amp transfer switch.

Yes if expected to be wired in and operate at the push of a button. Could plug the main cord into the inverter with an adapter. Also need to disable the converter to avoid a power loop. Or power a single branch circuit with a small 15/20 amp transfer switch.
I don't have a converter at least if that's what I think you're saying a converter takes battery power and turns it to 120 volt?

Yes in an RV the standard battery charger is called a converter. Converts 120vac to 12vdc to run 12v accessories and keep the battery topped up.

The inverter will use 12vdc battery power to create 120vac.

Of course the battery may need upgraded and will not supply high power for extended periods like utility or generator power.

Yes in an RV the standard battery charger is called a converter. Converts 120vac to 12vdc to run 12v accessories and keep the battery topped up.

The inverter will use 12vdc battery power to create 120vac.

Of course the battery may need upgraded and will not supply high power for extended periods like utility or generator power

RV came with one lead acid battery 2 100 amp solar panels a 30 amp solar charger I have taken the lead acid battery out and put in 4 100 amp lithium ion batteries and plan on adding two more panels eventually. I have found the converter it's right behind the panel and it plugs directly into the back of the panel there is a breaker for it would it work if I turn that off and put another automatic transfer switch in or would I need to put in a manual transfer switch?

RV came with one lead acid battery 2 100 amp solar panels a 30 amp solar charger I have taken the lead acid battery out and put in 4 100 amp lithium ion batteries and plan on adding two more panels eventually. I have found the converter it's right behind the panel and it plugs directly into the back of the panel there is a breaker for it would it work if I turn that off and put another automatic transfer switch in or would I need to put in a manual transfer switch?
I was thinking about going with a 4, 000 wt inverter

Yes the breaker to the converter can be used to disable the converter.
4000 watt is a lot of power to operate at 12v and only the four batteries. Only need 2000 watt to run the microwave, coffee pot, or hair drier for a short period. One at a time though.

4000+ watts is really best on 24 or 48 volt battery system.

Back