diy solar

diy solar

24v 3kw pure sine recommendations

x98myers7

Solar Enthusiast
I'm getting rid of my Growatt in favor of separate components.

is Giandel still the "standard" for entry-level pure sine inverters? any other recommendations?

I really would like a grid-assist charging feature, so suggestions there would be appreciated

is Giandel still the "standard" for entry-level pure sine inverters? any other recommendations?

I really would like a grid-assist charging feature, so suggestions there would be appreciated

Samlex America makes the EVO Series of Inverter/Chargers providing the grid-assist charging feature.

A remote control is used and needed to program the Samlex EVO

The units are very configurable with the remote control and the Evo-Rc-Plus remote manual goes into great detail on how to program the EVO. Download the manual and see.

I have the Samlex 2224 EVO Inverter/Charger and have been very please with it. Their support is very good as well.

He wanted a stand alone inverter which is why I recomended the PST-3000-24

Samlex PST-3000-24

For a stand alone simple pure sine wave inverter the Samlex PST-3000-24 is hard to beat.

Optional Remote

He wanted a stand alone inverter which is why I recomended the PST-3000-24

Yes, the OP did say he was interested in a stand alone inverter, but if I read his post correctly he also was looking for units with grid-assist charging feature suggestions. The Samlex EVO has grid-assist charging feature.

Why?

With only 3kw needed, why go to the trouble of seperate components?

I know you asked about a discrete inverter but if you are going to charge from ac I suggest you look at inverter/chargers.
Its just about impossible to get a discrete charger with the same configurability and/or quality that you can get in a decent inverter/charger.
I like the Samlex Evo series.

I once had what appeared to be a relabeled Signieer 2000 watt 12VDC 120VAC inverter/charger with the name Sungold Power. The manual for the Sungold Power and Signieer inverter/chargers was almost identical. It was a good solid low frequency inverter/charger, but with little programmability and idle power consumption was on the moderately higher side. The unit was programmed with a few dip switches and a rotary switch selector for battery type. The inverter/charger did not have a Lifepo4 charging profile although the Gel profile was close and could possibly be used. At the time only lead acid batteries were in use in my system so it was not tried with Lifepo4.

The system was changed from 12VDC lead acid batteries to 24VDC and then to Lifepo4. The Sungold Power Inverter/charger was sold and the Samlex EVO 2224 inverter/charger was purchased. The Samlex EVO is a superior inverter/charger.

For a limited budget the Sigineer is a good inverter/charger.

3000 Watt 24 Volt 120VAC Sigineer inverter/charger

3000 Watt 24 Volt 120/240 VAC Split Phase inverter/charger

I sometimes consider purchasing the the Sigineer 3000 Watt 24 Volt 120 VAC inverter/charger as a backup incase the Samlex EVO goes down.

My biggest concern with the Sigineer inverter/charger is when using it in the Battery Priority Mode (Inverting) providing the grid-assist charging feature, the unit will not switch to the grid until the battery is at 21.5 VDC and charge the battery. That is too low for my system. If it was 24 or 25 VDC that would be great.

Note: The idle consumption listed for the 3000 Watt 24 Volt 120VAC Signeer inverter/charger is listed at 37 watts with inverter efficiency of 88%.

See attached manual.

Attachments

• Sigineer-Power-1.5-6KW-Any-Power-Combi-Inverter-Charger-Owners-Manual.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
X98myers7, just curiois. What did you go with?
haven't decided yet. the Midnite classic is on the way. I'll run the Growatt for a bit more... maybe even keep it. I'm really only changing from the Growatt to have AFCI protection and the peace of mind that goes with it.

Back