diy solar

diy solar

24V (or 2x12V) lifepo4 w/ low temp protection cheap?

dandenson

Hi guys. I'm looking for a bit of a unicorn. I've been using the roypow 24v50ah self heating batteries but I'm looking for something a bit cheaper w/o self heating but I do need low temp protection. I'm having a heck of a time finding a 24v50ah with low temp protection. Lots of 12v100ah but I just don't have room for two in the box nor do I need that many Wh and I do need 24V.
Looking to fit it in a lighsaber 20x16x8 (https://www.ispsupplies.com/LightSaber-20x16x8-industrial-NEMA-enclosure) bot and the standard 'car battery' size fits well.

very much prefer a single battery solultion here. 2 smaller 12v that are ~6.5" in the longest dimension would also work in a pinch.
As an alternative I've tried to find some sort of temperature triggering shunt that would allow charger<->battery power flow when temps were good but switch to one way when cold but I haven't found anything pre-made and I really done want to be building stuff, I need dozens if not hundreds of these and I don't want to be building these components.

Thanks

Back