diy solar

diy solar

What 24V lithium batteries do you recommend for a 24V trolling motor?

Joe8

Hello:))

I wanna do fall fishing with my 24V Minn Kota Ulterra in Minnesota. My boat is 4000-4500lb and the thrust is 80-90lb.
What 24V lithium battery do y'all recommend?
What capacity is the best for a whole day of fishing? Is 24V 100Ah enough?? I‘m not sure how many amps my trolling motor draws per hour but the max continuous discharge amp is 56.
Do I need features like low-temp cut-off, self-heating, and Bluetooth??
Have a bit of a budget.

Thanks a lot!!

I don't know if you ever visit the bbcboard forums. There was a huge thread on there about the use of lithium batteries that I have lost track of.
I'd recommend reading or asking your specific question over there.
Here is the general forum about trolling motor electric ..... it would be a good place to research or ask.

I don't know if you ever visit the bbcboard forums. There was a huge thread on there about the use of lithium batteries that I have lost track of.
I'd recommend reading or asking your specific question over there.
Here is the general forum about trolling motor electric ..... it would be a good place to research or ask.
Thank you very much!

Hi, Joe8, the whole capacity you can make a roughly count according to your motor power, such as the max continuous discharge amp is 56, if you want your boat working for 2 hours, the capacity is about 112Ah, and if you need 3-4 hours, it would be 168Ah-224Ah, and you must consider your boat compartment can place such big size batteries, if you can tell me the size, I can count the biggest capacity battery for you, hope I can help with you:cool:
So I guess I need a 24v 200ah battery or 2 100ah batteries in parallel coz I plan to fish all day long.
I didn't measure the size but to be safe I'd go to a 24v 200ah.

Thank you for the help!!

Back