diy solar

diy solar

36v LiFePo battery for Marine Trolling Motor Application.

302Coastal

I purchased a Minn Kota 36v Trolling motor for use in the Bay and Ocean and have a few questions from the experts here.
The motor peaks at 50a and will average between 5 to 25a when in use. I figure 60-100ah should be good. I would expect 4-8 hours actual use per day when fishing

1. Since the battery will be in a marine environment and will defiantly be in a rough environment I need a good brand recommendation at the best price point.
2. Since its not used in the winter, cold charging should not be an issue. But since summer charging is a must , is a temp sensor required ?
3. Is bluetooth worth it?
4. Any other recommendations or info?

I have the EPOCH 12V 100Ah and appreciate the on/off switch as well as the water resistance:

Choose 36V

For use in marine environments, consider a waterproof, corrosion-resistant, deep-cycle battery with an ip67 case material and Bluetooth capability that allows you to monitor battery status from your smartphone or other device. While this is not required, it may be a good option for convenient battery management, especially when located away from the battery. Regularly check battery connections for tightness, keep the battery clean, and keep the battery charged while in storage to prevent self-discharge. A temperature sensor ensures that the battery is charged at the right temperature, improving battery life. Therefore, it is recommended to consider purchasing a battery charger with a temperature sensor feature.

The Epoch 36v is $1700. A little over budget. I will have an external switch anyway.

The EG4 is on sale for only $700. For the 36v 100ah. W/Bluetooth. Seems too good to be true. This one is definitely on the radar.

Im wondering what kind of price drops we might see by spring.

Back