diy solar

diy solar

25 cents/watt panels from SS?

CableGuy

Anyone know anything about or experienced some of the cheaper panels SS is offering near 25 cents/watt?

I am building a solar pergola in a small parking lot that will be dismantled in less than 5 years. If longevity is the only concern, I am not concerned in this situation. I am looking to setup 14 Panels of something similar to achieve around 5000 watts, split into 2 arrays of 7 panels each. MPPT is less than 12ft from first panel.

For example:

Tailsun 400w bifacial for $108

NE Solar 370w moni for $92

Hyundai 395w bifacial $120

Anyone know anything about or experienced some of the cheaper panels SS is offering near 25 cents/watt?

I am building a solar pergola in a small parking lot that will dismantled in less than 5 years. Looking to do 14 Panels of something similar to achieve around 5000 watts.

For example:

Tailsun 400w bifacial for $108

NE Solar 370w moni for $92

Hyundai 395w bifacial $120
Not those specifically but I got 10 of their Hyundai 300W panels for $840+$150 shipping.

Not those specifically but I got 10 of their Hyundai 300W panels for $840+$150 shipping.
Ok very helpful, thanks. They are just so cheap I was afraid they are B stock or undesireable for some reason and on clearance.

Ok very helpful, thanks. They are just so cheap I was afraid they are B stock or undesireable for some reason and on clearance.
No they are brand new and unmarked, seems crazy to buy from santan with used/random issues at these prices.

Watch for deals here. https://inxeption.com/flash-sales/energy Many of us purchased the NE 370W pallet for $0.17/watt but that deal is over.
Awesome tip, thank you. If I can get the price that low it would be welcomed. SS is offering free shipping until end of jan, and the plan for the pergola is specific to a size of panels, so I may not wait to get the project plan moving.

Awesome tip, thank you. If I can get the price that low it would be welcomed. SS is offering free shipping until end of jan, and the plan for the pergola is specific to a size of panels, so I may not wait to get the project plan moving.
You will probably end buying a whole pallet but if the price is right, it always leaves the door open to a larger system or expansion down the road. Or sell the extra locally at a profit and reduce your cost further.

where did you see the free shipping?

Just saw an ad for B-grade 550W panels - 14 cents per watt by the container. That's $77 a panel for half a kilowatt. Prices getting nuts.

You will probably end buying a whole pallet but if the price is right, it always leaves the door open to a larger system or expansion down the road. Or sell the extra locally at a profit and reduce your cost further.
I am usually all about having extra gear if I get it cheap for backup/friends/future projects but I dont think I can find a home for an extra 15 panels right now unfortunately.

I am usually all about having extra gear if I get it cheap for backup/friends/future projects but I dont think I can find a home for an extra 15 panels right now unfortunately.
Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist work well.

Back