diy solar

diy solar

280ah lithium cells

dav.draicchio

Hi all, iv recently purchased 8 x 280ah lithium cells which I paired 2 in parallel then connected the pairs in Series to create a 12v battery with a 250amp Daly bms, I was under the impression this would make a total of 560ah but on the first charge it Is indicated 396ah at 99.1 % charge on the Daly bms app. Has anyone got any advice for me please?

Hi all, iv recently purchased 8 x 280ah lithium cells which I paired 2 in parallel then connected the pairs in Series to create a 12v battery with a 250amp Daly bms, I was under the impression this would make a total of 560ah but on the first charge it Is indicated 396ah at 99.1 % charge on the Daly bms app. Has anyone got any advice for me please?
Top balance all your cells together in parallel to 3.65V before connecting them in series.

Seems about right.
They ship at about 30% SOC.
So, 396/560= 0.70

What was your charge voltage?
13.9 or better.
Once the battery achieves this voltage, watch the current going into it. Amps will decline as the battery absorbs at that voltage.
This is when your battery is fully charged.

I don't know how the Daly resets to 100%
Automatically or if you need to manually reset it to 100%.

Back