diy solar

diy solar

300 watt flexible panels

nugame

Is there such thing as 300 Watt flexible solar panels that are not a scam ? The China made Amazon sold ones seem to be very overrated.

The biggest flexible I found was 200 watts from Renogy. The rest either seem to be a scam like you say or in the small print multiple panels to get the wattage.

Post a link to the panel on Amazon.
I don't have a specific panel in mind I bought some before and had to return them because they were only producing 30 Watts. Before I do this again I would like to know if anyone has Tested a brand or the factory that actually produces 300 W or Close to it.

Panels don’t really produce that much different power based on surface area. @pollenface uses 200 watts per 1m2, I use 180 watts per 1m2. If the claimed surface area comes close to that then there’s a chance it’s legit. Many cheap high wattage panels fail that test.

I buy my flexible panels from Renogy and consider them legit. There panels are discounted for Black Friday.

I have the six of the 175 watt. Their 200 watts is only a few months old and was not available when I purchased mine or would have bought those.

Crosspost.

Warning: I've tested a few flexible panels. The odd-branded ones sold on Amazon and eBay never, EVER come even close to the power outputs they like to claim. Some of them make outrageous claims. A common example are the Yishengyuan panels of about 41x10 inches that many sellers offer. Realistically those are good for about 40 watts, but sellers like this one claim 200 watts per panel. Even the cheap PWM charge controller they include is wildly overrated. "Ohhh whatta BARGAIN." So many suckers in the world.

Flexibles tend to be LESS efficient on average than commercial grade rigid panels. You pay a price for flexibility.

Can't speak for lifetime but I've never heard anything good said about them, esp. when exposed to weather for years in a permanent installation. They seem to be okay for camping or portable use, and MAYBE on a vehicle roof as a "semipermanent" installation. Don't bet your life on them.

Crosspost.

Warning: I've tested a few flexible panels. The odd-branded ones sold on Amazon and eBay never, EVER come even close to the power outputs they like to claim. Some of them make outrageous claims. A common example are the Yishengyuan panels of about 41x10 inches that many sellers offer. Realistically those are good for about 40 watts, but sellers like this one claim 200 watts per panel. Even the cheap PWM charge controller they include is wildly overrated. "Ohhh whatta BARGAIN." So many suckers in the world.

Flexibles tend to be LESS efficient on average than commercial grade rigid panels. You pay a price for flexibility.

Can't speak for lifetime but I've never heard anything good said about them, esp. when exposed to weather for years in a permanent installation. They seem to be okay for camping or portable use, and MAYBE on a vehicle roof as a "semipermanent" installation. Don't bet your life on them.

Thanks for your input. I guessing my wishful thinking. Basically the flexible technology isn't there yet.

Back