diy solar

diy solar

Best price I've seen for the best quality flexible 100W panels (Sunpower)

Tomthumb62

Solar Wizard
Unless you get into the CIGS stuff or military-grade stuff ($700-1000 per 100W), these are the best flexible panels I have come across. Even @Will Prowse, who doesn't care for flexible panels (for many good reasons) recommended that if you must use flexible panels, then Sunpower are the best option. They used to be over $250/ea, but the price has come down considerably in the last few years.

So I found the Sunpower 100W panel (cheapest I've seen elsewhere at sunpoweredyachts.com was $160 shipped after a coupon code) on Amazon for $120. But I get that mysterious "cannot be shipped to the selected address" (and choosing a different address doesn't fix the problem), so I don't know if anyone else in the States is seeing the same shipping error or not? Since it won't ship to my address, it doesn't show what the shipping cost might be, which may or may not make this a good deal.

Can anyone add this to their shopping cart and see what the shipping cost would be?

My cart shows free delivery with prime and 3-7 days to arrive.

I did not go through with a purchase.

My cart shows free delivery with prime and 3-7 days to arrive.

I did not go through with a purchase.
OK good to know. Either this is a really good deal or these are fakes or 2nds or the seller provides no after-sales support. More research needed to dig into that.

FYI, both my purchases from sunpoweredyachts.com went well and I recommend them, they answered all my questions pre and post sale. Code "rvwithtito" or "rvwithtito10" gives you I think 10-20% off.

I have the 100W panels from Sunpower and they work great, even now that they are dated, still some of the best output. I was getting 95w consistently out of the box.

For those in Canada, I purchased from Microgreen for $130/ panel. They are on special right now. You have to inspect the panels as some of my panels had deep dents. microgreen was great to deal with and sending replacement panels and covering shipping.

I have the 100W panels from Sunpower and they work great, even now that they are dated, still some of the best output. I was getting 95w consistently out of the box.

For those in Canada, I purchased from Microgreen for $130/ panel. They are on special right now. You have to inspect the panels as some of my panels had deep dents. microgreen was great to deal with and sending replacement panels and covering shipping.

That’s an incredible price. Wonder if they ship to USA. Just sent them a request.

Shipping from sunpoweredyachts.com was good. No damage. Minor scuff marks that buffed off easily. There’s really no reason to buy any other flexible panel unless you like paying almost as much for the inferior quality stuff.

That’s an incredible price. Wonder if they ship to USA. Just sent them a request.

Shipping from sunpoweredyachts.com was good. No damage. Minor scuff marks that buffed off easily. There’s really no reason to buy any other flexible panel unless you like paying almost as much for the inferior quality stuff.
I just checked those out as Ive been searching everywhere for the best flexible panels. Currently though, BougeRv sells 100w cigs with a 12 year warranty for $100 more. Where as the sunpower panels only have a 2 year warranty. I have yet to find anyone who’s had the CIGS for for a couple years or more though which makes me wonder how long they actually last vs other panels like the sunpower ones

I just checked those out as Ive been searching everywhere for the best flexible panels. Currently though, BougeRv sells 100w cigs with a 12 year warranty for $100 more. Where as the sunpower panels only have a 2 year warranty. I have yet to find anyone who’s had the CIGS for for a couple years or more though which makes me wonder how long they actually last vs other panels like the sunpower ones

There was a post here last year or so about BougeRV cigs panels having major problems. I would avoid those based on even a single report. I can’t recall exactly what the problem was, but I recall it being a dangerous one. If I find the post I’ll update you.

Back