diy solar

diy solar

30KW Sandi inverter and their high Voltage battery pack

ImAnIdiotPleaseBePatient

Solar Enthusiast
Still in the planning phases for my residential solar install in FL. Am still considering DIY as opposed to grid-tie, because of the heavy install cost on the quotes for Solarks/Scheider etc.

Found these Sandi 30KW inverters, and the pricing is fantastic ($5900). Their matching HV battery is $28,000 for a 96kwh, 460v nominal pack (weighs 2300lbs lmao), HV MPPT is built-in to the battery. Even though 30KW isn't going to be enough to run the whole house, I was thinking about ways to maybe disconnect the ground/neutral bond at the main panel, use that panel as the subpanel for the Sandi and take a handful of breakers off of it (Sandi only has 125amp passthough.

But I couldn't really visualize the right way to do that. Obv I am going to have to do some research in the ground/neutral bonding inside of the inverter, because 125 amps with power on ground could be a "slight" issue ?. Was thinking something like this might be a possibility.... Pic attached.

Drawbacks are the cycle life on the battery is mediocre, and I really wish the passthrough was 200amps.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 13
Back