diy solar

diy solar

4 EG4 Batteries stuck in STANDBY Mode....

Transam

I have a total of 10 of these batts (all 48V).... but all of the sudden 4 of them are stuck in STANDBY mode and appx 30% SOC....
Ive powered them OFF (red switch) and also the breaker.... even did a RESET with a jewlers screwdriver (front reset hole)... Still comes up (from power on) in STANDBY... cant get it to change... any suggestions ?

I have a total of 10 of these batts (all 48V).... but all of the sudden 4 of them are stuck in STANDBY mode and appx 30% SOC....
Ive powered them OFF (red switch) and also the breaker.... even did a RESET with a jewlers screwdriver (front reset hole)... Still comes up (from power on) in STANDBY... cant get it to change... any suggestions ?
Are they connected to anything? with no charging or discharging shouldn't be in "Standby" ?

temp is fine they are outside (in a warehouse around 60 degree's and yep they are in thier rack along with other batts.....(connected to rack which is connected to inverter) nothing has changed since thier install about 4-5 mos ago (appx)..

temp is fine they are outside (in a warehouse around 60 degree's and yep they are in thier rack along with other batts.....(connected to rack which is connected to inverter) nothing has changed since thier install about 4-5 mos ago (appx)..
What is the SOC of the other packs?

Do you have their BMS communicating with each other?

If you don't have the LCD version, then you must connect them to a pc , and see what's going on, especially check the voltage of each pack, the SOC may not be properly calibrated. How are they charging? What's the charging current?

When you say Standby I am assuming that is what the LCD is saying and that you can control the BMS with the LCD?
If it has LCD is do you have a computer connected?

when I noticed the standby they were all at appx the same 30-35%.
I DO have the (green) ethernet communications cables all connected (daisy chained) to each batt, and all ID's are NON conflicting..

There is any current reading, on any of the 10 batteries?

And if those four are saying standby, what are the othere 6 saying?

If you don't have the LCD version, then you must connect them to a pc , and see what's going on, especially check the voltage of each pack, the SOC may not be properly calibrated. How are they charging? What's the charging current?
I

rn the panels have a bad angle etc blah blah... but rn I have 2 banks... and bank 1 is providing appx 6KW per per day (charging off of the midnite solar charger) and bank 2 is providing appx 11kw a day...
when batts dont fill after a few days and drop to 48.0V the inverter kicks in (its a AIMS) 12KW.... (I forget the charge rate its set to) but takes all batts appx 12 hours to full charge off the grid... I know the charge potentiometer is at appx 70% of capacity but I forget what MAX charge amps of this inverter is offhand.,... but in the last 4ish-5ish mos the inverter does its job :) and in the SUMMER at MAX sun Im getting appx 30ISH KW per day off my 2 strings....

And if those four are saying standby, what are the othere 6 saying?
I forget the CURRENT Reading.... but all other batts are in DISCHARGE (normal.. nighttime).... Its DAY now (so cal) and all are in charging mode off the 2 midnite controllers..

I think current in AMPS from INVERTER Charging is appx 78 AMPS... as batts are charging off the grid now (from overnight)... (remember pic below is ONLY 1 of the midnite controllers...)
and PIC 2 (yes it shows 4 charge controllers ) but 2 have NO panels connected yet..)..also remember its only 10am here that is energy production so far this morning..

Attachments

• ms.png
    ms.png
    237.1 KB · Views: 5
  • ms2.png
    ms2.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 5
I forget the CURRENT Reading.... but all other batts are in DISCHARGE (normal.. nighttime).... Its DAY now (so cal) and all are in charging mode off the 2 midnite controllers..
Do you have access to them right now? Or you're away from the location?

You have to look at the LCD of the batteries to see how much current is going to each of them, and if there is a difference between the 4 and the other 6.

here is a screen from 2 displays,.. btw LOL on batt date haha

Attachments

• 20220206_100424.jpg
    20220206_100424.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 38
Back