diy solar

diy solar

4 LiTime 200ah 24V connected parallel question

UGT

I currently have 3 LiTime 200ah 24V batteries connected parallel and have been running this way for about 14 months, no problem. Was wanting to add a 4th LiTime 200ah 24V battery to the system. LiTime website indicates that you can connect up to 4 of these in parallel. The new battery would be new/unused but the other three have 14 months or so on them. Was wondering are there issues connecting this way that I may need to consider?

The new battery will degrade slightly faster than the "old" ones until it catches up to them as it's likely to nab a little more than its fair share of load/charge with it's likely lower resistance than the others.

Spoiler, link #6 in my sig for best practices on battery paralleling.

The LiTime manual for the 24V/230aH battery says this, on page 09:

"To connect in series or /and parallel, batteries should meet the below conditions:

a. (other stuff)
b. (other stuff)
c. purchased in near time (within one month)"

So, at your own risk.

There is also a small chance that in the intervening 14 months btwn. buying your old ones and the new one, LiTime has started using a different internal BMS. That could be...interesting.

I think I'll not add the battery as the manual states "within one month." If an issue comes up the fact that I added the battery 14 months later might be a warranty issue or something. The 3 batteries are sufficient. Thanks for the responses.

Back