diy solar

diy solar

4 x 100Ah Parallel Battery Bank layout and fusing. Comments please.

DEEP NNN

My diagram and plans for creating a LiFePo4 12V 4 x 100Ah battery bank.

I am choosing a flexible buss bar setup. I thought about a solid copper buss bar but I am concerned about all the terminal connections not being perfectly level and thus creating poor/stressed contacts.

This battery bank will feed a 1000W Renogy inverter. I am not sure what fuse size I should use in the positive to the inverter.

The 100A terminal fuses I picked are based on something I read or heard where you want to avoid dumping huge amperage into a faulty battery in the chain. There is a complication I see with these batteries since they can only accept 50A input.

I have chosen the diagonal charge/discharge layout.

Click on the thumbnail to expand.

Battery parallel diagram.png

Looks good. Folks often just use thick cable for battery interconnects rather than solid or flexible bus bars.

I assume your shunt isn't depicted, but it's planned.

Most don't opt for the terminal fuses, but no harm. Are they Class T? If not, they may be worthless. Fuses/Breakers for LFP must have an AIC rating of 20,000A or more.

The main fuse should be 1.25X the wire rating and Class T.

The application may draw, 1000W/12V/.85 = 98A. Size your wires and fuse/breaker accordingly.

Looks good. Folks often just use thick cable for battery interconnects rather than solid or flexible bus bars.

Most don't opt for the terminal fuses, but no harm. Are they Class T? If not, they may be worthless. Fuses/Breakers for LFP must have an AIC rating of 20,000A or more.

The application may draw, 1000W/12V/.85 = 98A. Size your wires and fuse/breaker accordingly.
Yes about the shunt.

I'll check on the Class T.

Back