diy solar

diy solar

48 V nominal 50 Ah for $565, free US shipping

Yep. They dropped the price the day mine arrived.

I paid $75 more than that ☹️. I cajoled them into a $15 refund after much back and forth so I have that going for me ?.

The steel case and nice spring loaded handles made it worth it to me for a portable project where I need 50 Amps max output and life is too busy at the moment to do another DIY build.

Is picking up 3-4 of these worth it compared to server rack batteries? The server rack battery storage is an obvious plus but other than that is it worth the additional cost? What's the major difference between 50ah and 100ah.

Is picking up 3-4 of these worth it compared to server rack batteries? The server rack battery storage is an obvious plus but other than that is it worth the additional cost? What's the major difference between 50ah and 100ah.
No, one decent server rack battery is a better option than paralleling smaller ones. This is barely cheaper than a Lifepower4 with shipping right now.

At just under $1130, including shipping, for two of these it is a significant cost savings. For an old fart like me it is also significantly easier to move two of these 50 pounders rather than one 100 pound server rack battery.

I would definitely say it is worth considering @TheHappyNomads

I will have one GYLL (the older EG4) 100 Ah server rack, one 100Ah CALB DIY battery I built and two of these all paralleled together for 300 Ah (over 15 kWh) total.

After the price drop I couldn’t resist getting the second one.

Last edited:
No, one decent server rack battery is a better option than paralleling smaller ones. This is barely cheaper than a Lifepower4 with shipping right now.
From where? I'm seeing Lifepower4 batteries for $1000+/ea??? This is part of the reason for my initial question as I wasn't seeing anything that cheap for server rack batteries

The fake QR codes stuff makes DIY packs a less friendly experience for newcomers imo. The less risky purchasing options remove a lot of the cost benefit over server rack.

Back