diy solar

diy solar

48v inverter for golf cart?

faccnator

Any recommendations. Kinda needs to be waterproof or water resistant. Or maybe not it’s for a golf cart. Thanks all

Id probably like it to be 1200-1500 watts. It’s a stout 48v lifepo4 I have in there. May add two more batteries. Just would be nice to have a couple 120v convenience outlets on the cart. I’m familiar with the larger inverter options but not the smaller ones.

It's fine here.
We've had some server issues, this week. So not all posts are being seen.
I would probably go with a small Aims inverter.

Not the cheapest but :

Fan can get loud under a heavy load but if it’s mounted under the seat for weather protection anyway it shouldn’t be a bother.

Very clean sine wave output.

Ooo that’s nice. Do you like that better than the Victron

Depends on your application.

I like and use Victron gear also but it generates an unacceptable level of RFI noise for some of my radio applications and typically is not FCC Part 15 compliant like Cotek and Samlex.

I put a cheapo one on my side by side. My sxs has a frunk, so that is where this lives, but I wouldn't use it in wet conditions, regardless.

Keep in mind, you have a small battery in the typical golf cart, typical would be 5kWh maximum and the larger the inverter, the larger the idle draw.

48v Big Battery

I have one of these. Might get another. It lasts quite a long time as it is

That's a small battery when your trying to power stationary loads with a multi kWh inverter.

Golf carts for moving around don't have large total storage requirements, I have two of those ( 36V ) in my cart and only use about 20% for 18 holes of golf.

Back