diy solar

diy solar

48v Jakiper 230ah with EG4 3000 in Van Setup

Redcrownline

48v Jakiper 230ah with EG4 3000 in Van Setup

Will,

I'm anxiously awaiting your review of the Jakiper 48v 230ah battery as I believe that will ultimately fill my van needs.

What I'm looking to do is this:

Jakiper 48v 230ah rack battery (or 2 48v 100a)
Eg4 3000
Roadtrek 190
48v secondary alternator either 60 or 100a as the PV input with DC to DC depending on what the jakiper can handle input wise that doesn't degrade the cells.
Existing 100ah agm house battery (not connected to jakiper/eg4)

Ideally what'd I'd like to do is run a female 30a wire/plug from the EG4 internally routed to where my shore power wire storage compartment is, plug it into the existing shore power male wire inside that compartment so that van doesn't see it any different than if I was truly using shore power which also gives me the capability to unplug it and and just plug into shore power when available. This would also allow for an easier "uninstall" should I switch vans. There will be a 110v input to the jakiper but it will only be used when the van is actually on true shore power to top off the battery so it's not plugged into itself when the shore power cable is attached to the EG4. (I come from a marine background where the shore power and gen power breakers can't be switched on at the same time so this will be the same type of design) With the alternator charging, the 110v input will likely not be used when traveling so likely only when at my brick and mortar for maintaining full charge. I've used a GZ1400 for years to run a squirrel cage fan and it's done the job mostly effective but I'm now seeing the need to run the AC. I've calc'd the 230ah battery at giving me a full 8+ hours of AC runtime with no cycling, which I know the ac will cycle throughout the night as I still plan to use the gz and the fan (as an unplugged standalone in the van) as well. (redundant I know, but I already have the GZ and would like to conserve more power for the van itself as the fan is not efficient but it moves alot and i mean alot more air than an efficient fan. As in lift a queen sized comforter off the bed air movement)

Everyone, feel free to poke holes in my design or make suggestions. I'm trying to do this using the existing electrical framework of the van so that it's the least invasive but most optimal.

The van itself still has it's 100ah agm house battery, so I'll probably turn the internal battery charger for that house battery off when the eg4 is connected to the internal shore power wire. The jakiper/eg4 will run the AC & the microwave. The existing house battery will run the interior lights and the fridge. (as i believe, if it ain't broke don't fix it mindset) and the Gz will run the 70-100watt squirrel cage fan when necessary. 99% of my camping is boondocking so my current setup is GZ runs fan, house battery runs 12v lights and fridge but I can't run ac or microwave. Technically I can run the microwave on the gz I just don't.

Back