diy solar

diy solar

48v low power consumption inverter

Jgb3

I am looking for some suggestions. I have a GW 12k and want to get a second inverter that I can use for little things without drawing the 150 watts it takes to run the GW. So any suggestions on a low consumption 48v inverter maybe around 2k watts would be appreciated

If you are looking for an inexpensive and pure-sine secondary inverter the Reliable WZRELB works well. I similarly use mine to supplement my bulletproof but inefficient UPSverters.

However some report the older WZRELB's can be problematic.

Attachments

• UPS Reliable.jpg
    UPS Reliable.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 21
@Delmar do you know what the idle consumption is on yours?

I will try to get to my 6 year old WZRELB 48v, 3kw inverter this week and put a clamp meter on it to see what it consumes.

I seem to recall around 30 watts but need to check.

@Delmar do you know what the idle consumption is on yours?

I will try to get to my 6 year old WZRELB 48v, 3kw inverter this week and put a clamp meter on it to see what it consumes.

I seem to recall around 30 watts but need to check.
The 48V Reliable at no load would draw around 0.4A = 20W.

...want to get a second inverter that I can use for little things without drawing the 150 watts it takes to run the GW.
What are you planning to power? The WZRELB lacks surge capacity to start motors. My WZRELB will struggle to start the 1/2hp garbage disposal and brownout the house while trying. The UPSverter will start it without blinking.

I’m just planning on powering random small stuff. The other night I powered a work light so I didn’t have to run 150 foot of extension cord but a 7 watt led plus 150 watts for the inverter just seems like a waste. Plus in a power outage I would run some house lights with it most of the time then turn on the big inverter for the well pump and other big stuff

I am looking for some suggestions. I have a GW 12k and want to get a second inverter that I can use for little things without drawing the 150 watts it takes to run the GW. So any suggestions on a low consumption 48v inverter maybe around 2k watts would be appreciated
I would look at the Outback 4048 which is not that expensive; maybe $2500 ?
Or a smaller Growatt or MPP Solar for $700 to $1500 : https://watts247.com/product/pip-3048lv-mk/

Back