diy solar

diy solar

48v Panel with 24v Invertor

kajam

Hi everyone, I got me a free 48v solar panels with 380w total of 6, and my wife bought 24v Invertor. I am wondering if these panels will work with the Invertor or I need a different Invertor. Attached Pic of the panels and Invertor specs.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG-20231211-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20231211-WA0009.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG-20231211-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20231211-WA0010.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 29
Without doing the math, I think you can run 2 of those panels in series without issue. Do the math to make sure. Not sure about parallel. If you can find any reference in the maunual to a limit to panel amperage we could answer that parallel question.

VOC of the panels can not exceed Max Solar Voltage(VOC) of the MPPT. So, divide the max VOC of the inverter by the VOC of the panels to see how many you can run in series. And since panels put out more voltage when they are cold you want to keep panel VOC to about 80% of Max VOC of the MPPT.

Without doing the math, I think you can run 2 of those panels in series without issue. Do the math to make sure. Not sure about parallel. If you can find any reference in the maunual to a limit to panel amperage we could answer that parallel question.

VOC of the panels can not exceed Max Solar Voltage(VOC) of the MPPT. So, divide the max VOC of the inverter by the VOC of the panels to see how many you can run in series. And since panels put out more voltage when they are cold you want to keep panel VOC to about 80% of Max VOC of the MPPT.
Thank you for the information will do the calculations

As you are from USA - just a remark that this is not a split phase 120V inverter, so you shall check the devices that you will conect if they are ok with 230V.

Last edited:
As you are from USA - just a remark that this is not a split phase 120V inverter, so you shall check the devices that you will conect if they are ok with 230V.
I am from US but work in Manchester for the last 2yrs thats why I got these used.

Last edited:
Back