diy solar

diy solar

50Ah battery with bluetooth. What app to use? A total novice asks

beo

all be good
First of all, a warm welcome to everyone! I'm just beginning my journey with the idea of energy conservation and general home security. I found this forum quite by accident while looking for information on the xiaoxiang app and stood in shock at how much great factual content there is here. I am full of admiration for you guys. Your serious approach to the topic. I'm from Poland, and while there's no shortage of good places with good people in our country either, it's quite different here. You could say, kind of like a planet of people. Ok then to the shore. I recently acquired one small battery called MavericEnergy. I suspect it was a Polish company that so named the package, which was ordered from China 50Ah capacity with bluetooth support. I've had batteries without such bms before, so I'm a bit lost on possible settings. However, I think the standard settings the manufacturer has set should be fine. But whether they are, I don't know because there are some differences between what the app states and what the DC meter displays. First of all, dear friends, what application do you recommend, to operate this battery? OverkillSolar connects well, but I don't know if it's a good app. It has a number of settings that I don't understand much, and it's probably better to keep it that way to begin with. The Xiaoxiang app is not in the Play store, so I probably have to look in external resources? I ask you and understanding and possible answer. I will probably ask more questions in this topic, because I do not want to make mistakes in handling the battery when I order another one with a larger capacity. Once again: very happy to have found this.place. You guys are great!

Edit: The BMS in this battery is DGJBD according to the OverkillSolar app. I noticed in the settings it sort of underestimated the terminal voltages, at 3500mV, which for four cells, is 14V, and should probably be 3600mV? for 14.4V. This is where my not necessarily good knowledge manifests itself, as well as poor English, supported by a translator unfortunately :(

Ok I find the other topic here for app. Thanks!

Last edited:
It's normal for voltages to differ on the app compared to the sells..overkill solar app is very good for most bms...here's another app you might try..I can't remember which link worked..but have a try..I'm using the LLT bms app on Android for a few days now..LLT seems to be a sister company of Xiaoxiang..and it let's you change the bms parameters..but I haven't tried this function yet..good luck

Reactions: beo
Do you have a good and accurate multimeter...3.5v per cell is probably as high as you want each cell to reach...the battery should be fully charged and you don't really want to push the cells any higher..it's worth investing in some testing equipment,a good multimeter..clamp meter..bench power supply for charging single cells..all needed if you buy larger Ah cells ..

Indeed, the application is twinned with Xiaoxiang, but unlike the original in my case, it allows me to make changes. Thanks!

On the overkill app it allows you to calibrate the cells ,so you can help the app learn to give more accurate readings...however in my situation the bms didn't like the overkill app attempting to rewrite the bms...the bms was a JBD 300a with contactors,and I think I came across someone on this forum that it won't work with all bms.. so I uploaded the LLT... but haven't tried any changes yet..😬

I should have wrote "it allows the user to calibrate the cell voltage readings "...so if app says cell number 4 is 3.5v....but when you measure it yourself it reads 3.45v...then you can change the reading for that cell with the Overkill app ..

Yes you are right. I measured the cells and set as it should be, but now all the work has been dumped on this new application. Changing the state in the LLT of the app, does not affect not displaying the current parameters. It also seems to me that it works better with my bms

Yes you are right. I measured the cells and set as it should be, but now all the work has been dumped on this new application. Changing the state in the LLT of the app, does not affect not displaying the current parameters. It also seems to me that it works better with my bms
That's good news...the LLT app works better for your bms...mine also..👍

Reactions: beo
Back