diy solar

diy solar

JBD BMS: I set the bluetooth password in the Xiaoxiang app and now I can't connect with OverKill app

D0T-C0M

I'm about ready to pull my friggin hair out with this dam JBD BMS. I was trying to get the admin functions of the Xiaoxiang app (on android) and tried setting the password and it was the biggest mistake ever. Now I can only access my BMS through the xiaoxiang app. The overkill app can no longer connect. I tried setting the password to 123456 and 000000 but no luck. I even tried connecting with an iOS device with no luck. Please someone tell me how to reset the bluetooth password.

Thanks for the links, I had a TTL serial cable and got the Overkill BMS tools communicating with the JBD BMS using the UART port, The bluetooth module was plugged into my UART port of the BMS so I had to disconnect it while I connected my computer to it. I cleared the password using the overkill bms app and it confirmed that it was cleared but when I reconnected the bluetooth module I still could not connect using any other app accept the Xiaoxiang app.

Thanks for the links, I had a TTL serial cable and got the Overkill BMS tools communicating with the JBD BMS using the UART port, The bluetooth module was plugged into my UART port of the BMS so I had to disconnect it while I connected my computer to it. I cleared the password using the overkill bms app and it confirmed that it was cleared but when I reconnected the bluetooth module I still could not connect using any other app accept the Xiaoxiang app.

IIRC, there's a "load defaults" option with BMS tools. did you try that?

Have you forced the device to forget the BMS and uninstall the Xiaoxiang app? I've had several instances where trying to swap back and forth between apps was problematic.

I was able to communicate with the BMS using the RS485 port instead of the UART so I could keep the bluetooth module plugged in while I tried to clear the password but still no luck in connecting using the overkill app.

I can load defaults but the only 4S config that comes with the BMSTools program is for a 100Ah battery and I loaded them to check them out and they are quite a few obviously wrong settings for my 300Ah.

I'm going to contact JBD and see what they say. It's quite retarded to implement a password change from the official app and it frigs everything up.

After experiencing Overkill / latest JBD bms units (Android in general) comms, I now only use JBD app on iOS on my iPad.

After experiencing Overkill / latest JBD bms units (Android in general) comms, I now only use JBD app on iOS on my iPad.
Now that I set the password in the Xiaoxiang app I can ONLY connect to the battery via bluetooth using the Xiaoxiang on my android phone that I initially used to change the password in the BMS.

I cannot connect to my battery's bluetooth with any other app either on android or iOS, including the Xiaoxiang app on my iOS device.

I've had problems also with JBD AP21SOO2 .. the overkill on Android was perfect till I tried to change parameters...I ended up using LLT app on Android which allows you to change parameters,which I haven't tried yet.. Bluetooth connecting is glitchy ..but always works eventually...
LLT is a sister company of Xiaoxiang and various downloads incl LLT app on Android can be found here...
Have you tried Xiaoxiang software for PC to change password..?

Still curious why people set passwords for it (goes for that victron PIN as well). I guess some people live in more adventurous areas than I

Still curious why people set passwords for it (goes for that victron PIN as well). I guess some people live in more adventurous areas than I
I just pressed the "fix" tab on the Android LLT app and "set password" popped up...
I can hardly remember my other various passwords...

Back