diy solar

diy solar

Seeking help with JBD/Xiaoxiang BMS App

I have also just downloaded and paid for the smart bms utility app (ios) for the old ipad. It finds the bms in devices but again no data transfer. I will write to overkill and see what they suggest.

I have also just downloaded and paid for the smart bms utility app (ios) for the old ipad. It finds the bms in devices but again no data transfer. I will write to overkill and see what they suggest.
If you're having the same issue with multiple devices, the common denominator is the battery/Bluetooth module...

It is the overkill 120a 4s purchased directly from overkill in the US.
Do you know anyone else who had a JBD .... or maybe even someone with a newer IOS phone?

Need to determine if the problem is the BMS or the APP.

Do you know anyone else who had a JBD .... or maybe even someone with a newer IOS phone?

Need to determine if the problem is the BMS or the APP.
Just downloaded and installed on my wife's iPhone 15 Pro. Connected just fine.

Whilst I wait for a friend to come over with his iPhone I continued trying a few things. The only app which is providing basic data is the Xiaoxiang electric app and I have noticed a pop up that says "connected with wifi" I have no idea how this is possible but I guess this would also point towards a faulty Bluetooth module. Also, today I placed a light bulb load on an individual cell and watched the cell voltage change in the app. Does this confirm that the bms is actually working? Thanks kieran

I would that confirms the sense leads are working.
So it is possible the sense leads are functioning but no guarantee the protection is working correctly. The reason I ask is I can't risk testing over voltage or under voltage with the shipped presets of 3.65 and 2.5. So I really am stuck until I can resolve the communication issue correct?

I guess this answers my question...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240319_223314_XiaoXiangElectric.jpg
    Screenshot_20240319_223314_XiaoXiangElectric.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 3
Eve

Everything looks good to me.
Balancing won't turn on until cells reach balance voltage setpoint.
It's good protection isn't showing, it would only show if there's a fault.
OK. thanks again. I've just had troy from overkill on the phone and he is happy to send out a new module. Fingers crossed I will be up and running soon.

Hi,
After installing new Boardnamics BN M1-AT Gear Drive on my Lacroix electric skateboard 12s4p p42a 21700 molicel and replacing motors from 6389's to 63100's the board would not charge. Charger showed green as if fully charged but was no charge left.

After downloading the xiaoxiangBMS app it started to charge properly again!

But now It will not charge again. The battery shows fully charged in xiao & stormcore app and shows green light on charger again but it is not fully charged.

I'm seeing:
- a MOSFET software locked alarm
and also:
- A cell over voltage protection alarm

Attachments

• 1 bms 4:5:24.PNG
    1 bms 4:5:24.PNG
    241.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 2 bms 4:5:24 .PNG
    2 bms 4:5:24 .PNG
    96.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 3 bms 4:5:24.PNG