diy solar

diy solar

Seeking help with JBD/Xiaoxiang BMS App

kieranf

Hi folks,
Thanks to all the amazing information and insight contained on the forum I have assembled my first DIY battery build. However I can not commission the battery because I can't access and edit the parameters in the app (little elephant one). I can't use the overkill app because I am on android 13 and it won't work for me. I have an old ipad but the OS is too old to run either the overkill or Xiaoxiang app.
I have the xiaoxiang app connected and I can see the capacity and individual cell voltages but appear to be missing functions on the control tab. Advice and guidance would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kieran

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317_071803_XiaoXiangElectric.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317_071803_XiaoXiangElectric.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240317_071714_XiaoXiangElectric.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317_071714_XiaoXiangElectric.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 9
Hi folks,
Thanks to all the amazing information and insight contained on the forum I have assembled my first DIY battery build. However I can not commission the battery because I can't access and edit the parameters in the app (little elephant one). I can't use the overkill app because I am on android 13 and it won't work for me. I have an old ipad but the OS is too old to run either the overkill or Xiaoxiang app.
I have the xiaoxiang app connected and I can see the capacity and individual cell voltages but appear to be missing functions on the control tab. Advice and guidance would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kieran
I’m guessing you can’t upgrade your IOS on your iPad to something that will work with the app?

No. I can't get the Bluetooth to connect. I have read all the threads I can find, made sure location services are all enabled etc. And from what I have read it is an issue with android 13. It's very frustrating.
Sorry about that.

Maybe someone else will have a better answer for you when this hemisphere wakes up.

Good luck..

Iirc you have to pay for the ios app to be able to make changes...
Have to tried downloading the Android version from the JBD Tools section in the link below?

Iirc you have to pay for the ios app to be able to make changes...
Have to tried downloading the Android version from the JBD Tools section in the link below?
Thanks for the help. I deleted my current Xiaoxiang app and downloaded and installed the apk file from the link but can't connect to the bms with it. I get stuck at this point.....see screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317_113318_xiaoxiang.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317_113318_xiaoxiang.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the help. I deleted my current Xiaoxiang app and downloaded and installed the apk file from the link but can't connect to the bms with it. I get stuck at this point.....see screenshot
I've had that before, try unlink and reconnecting sometimes it took me a few tries. Iirc had to keep tapping on the device to get past the error.
I can't remember but I think I used the "FIX" button as well.
It's been a while since a used bluetooth to connect, the PC is much easier using the adapter Overkill sells.

No joy. I am starting to think I will also need the adapter unless somebody has any other bright ideas. I don't mind paying for a suitable app if anybody can recommend a working solution for android 13?

I bought one of the cheapest tablets I could find on amazon to dedicate to solar, might be an option for you.

This thread might help as well, some other apps mentioned.

I bought one of the cheapest tablets I could find on amazon to dedicate to solar, might be an option for you.

This thread might help as well, some other apps mentioned.
Thanks for the help. I have been through that thread and tried as many apps as I could find with no luck. Even with a dedicated tablet would it not be tricky to avoide android 13? I'm not particularly tech savvy when it comes to these things.

Any of the real cheap ones should be on older versions.
Unfortunately the one I got isn't available but you may be able to find something similar.
MAGCH Android 11 Go Tablet 7 inch, 32GB ROM Storage, Quad-Core Processor Tablet, with IPS HD Display, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, Dual Camera - Black https://a.co/d/i2MIYWD

Any of the real cheap ones should be on older versions.
Unfortunately the one I got isn't available but you may be able to find something similar.
MAGCH Android 11 Go Tablet 7 inch, 32GB ROM Storage, Quad-Core Processor Tablet, with IPS HD Display, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, Dual Camera - Black https://a.co/d/i2MIYWD
Thanks again. Although I am frustrated that it is proving to be so hard connecting to a bms with a new but basic Samsung phone.

Also, if anyone can confirm that I am simply missing some functionality from the control tab shown in the screenshots in the original post? Everything is working just not the ability to edit parameters. Maybe I am just not understanding the app correctly?

What build of Android 13? I have a cheap phone Orb 5G with Android 13 and the Overkill Solar app works just fine...

I have now managed to get the overkill app to find my bms in devices by reinstalling the app and completely turning off my Bluetooth then starting it through prompts by the app. However I am now stuck at this point. The app doesn't seem to be able to pull any data from the bms and the blue light remains lit on the bluetooth dongle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317_213259_Overkill Solar.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317_213259_Overkill Solar.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 2
Are you close enough to the battery? Maybe there's something wrong with the Bluetooth dongle...

Back