diy solar

diy solar

600 vdc inside house conduit

9mile

I've been told I have to use metal conduit. If so do I have to use rigid or can I use EMT if it's buried behind a wall.? Also with 1 inch conduit suffice for 2x 10 AWG conductors plus a 10 AWG ground wire?

RMC would probably be the choice if outside, EMT should be fine.
1 inch conduit is more than adequate (16 10awg max); 1/2" would be fine.

I've been told I have to use metal conduit. If so do I have to use rigid or can I use EMT if it's buried behind a wall.? Also with 1 inch conduit suffice for 2x 10 AWG conductors plus a 10 AWG ground wire?
If you're behind a wall inside, why not use romex?

Is Romex code for 600 volt DC? I read somewhere that it has to be inside metal conduit. That's why I'm looking to The Forum for help!

Is Romex code for 600 volt DC? I read somewhere that it has to be inside metal conduit. That's why I'm looking to The Forum for help!
DOH, somehow I missed that little tidbit. My bad. This may help you
according to the spec sheet it is rated for 600 volts. I don’t think there is any difference between an AC volt and a DC volt

Attachments

• CATALOG_Encore-Wire_71760524.pdf
    296.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I belive you want stranded wire for Dc applications. most romex is solid.

I belive you want stranded wire for Dc applications. most romex is solid.
Again, I am not an electrician ,but based on what I have read for low amp applications like a solar feed it doesn‘t matter. I rely a lot on Mike Holt forums for my knowledge (limited though it may be) and would refer you to this discussion

For high amp DC feeds (battery to inverter) I have heard that stranded is better due to the increased surface area provided, but I will be damned if I can find that reference, sorry

Back