diy solar

diy solar

6000XP - Config to top up batteries at preset time?

JustOnePanel

I've currently set "AC Charge Based On" to "Battery SOC" and it works as expected, it starts charging the batteries when the low/start SOC threshold is met.

Now, I would like to add a daily preset time range to charge the batteries, in addition to the start/end thresholds. The idea being on days with reduced PV input there would be an evening top-up period to make the batteries last through the night.

So I set: AC Charge Based On = "Battery SOC and Time"
AC Charge Start Time 1 = 22:00
AC Charge End Time 1 = 22:30

as a test and the inverter is ignoring the time interval. Is this setting not working or does "Battery SOC and Time" literally mean that both conditions must be met, aka batteries would have to hit the low threshold during a specific time period? I went through the manual and it does not explain the Battery SOC and Time option.

How do I set that daily charge period for the batteries in this scenario? I do not want to fall back to AC for loads, just charge the batteries. BTW, yes inverter time is off by 1 hour even though DST is selected, so I adjusted the start/end times accordingly.

6000xp-batt.JPG6000xp-batt-3.JPG

Is there no way for the 6000XP to charge the batteries at a preset schedule? I did confirm late last night that "Battery SOC and Time" is not it.

Is there no way for the 6000XP to charge the batteries at a preset schedule? I did confirm late last night that "Battery SOC and Time" is not it.
Would assume there has to be in order to charge from grid a reduced rate hours.

I was able to program battery charging with start time and that worked. Then I was also able to program with a Time and SOC and that also worked. I haven't yet tried the end time or SOC end time but I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Do you have the Battery ECO setting enabled? If no, enable it and see if that fixes the issues. I currently have it enabled.

I was able to program battery charging with start time and that worked. Then I was also able to program with a Time and SOC and that also worked. I haven't yet tried the end time or SOC end time but I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Do you have the Battery ECO setting enabled? If no, enable it and see if that fixes the issues. I currently have it enabled.

thanks, good to hear. Was this done through setting AC Charge Based On = "Time" or something else?

Also, not sure how ECO plays into this, as it's used only if there's no load, no?

thanks, good to hear. Was this done through setting AC Charge Based On = "Time" or something else?

Also, not sure how ECO plays into this, as it's used only if there's no load, no?
I tried both AC Charge base on time, that worked. I then tried based on Time and SOC. That worked as well.

ECO seems to do more than what the manual states. I couldn't turn off a 50 watt AC constant charge when I was on grid bypass because non of the AC Charging features would work. Enabling Batt Eco mode fixed it.

Back