diy solar

diy solar

Charging EG4600xp via grid

mckean52

I have an EG46000xp with an EG4 powerpro battery powering critical circuits. Adding solar next year, but right now charging by grid. I am currently charging by grid when battery gets down to 50% SOC and then going back to battery mode when it is charged to 100%. My question is how does AC charge start time and end times work? I'd like to be able to run charging late afternoon, no matter the SOC charge of the battery, so that overnight the system will run on battery all night in case we lose grid power. I've set a start time of 6pm and an end time of 10pm, but it doesn't charge during that time. It could be the SOC is above 50%. Does the AC charge time start only work if battery is below AC charge Start Battery SOC% of 50%?

Carefully read the working modes doc posted here by @EG4_Jared - https://diysolarforum.com/posts/1007676/ - I think it will help.

I would call out that using it the way you are, you’re pulling more power from the grid than your loads are actually using. I encourage you to look at setting it up to be in bypass mode most of the time as that only pulls from the grid and passes it on to your loads without the efficiency losses of constantly charging and discharging the batteries. If the grid were to go down the system will still be ready to power your loads from the batteries, but you’ll be pulling less from the grid than you are now.

Last edited:
Back