diy solar

diy solar

6000XP Cooling Fan Observations

@SunBandit I suspect you may have it backwards... I believe fans 1 and 2 are for the PV charge controller, and fan 3 is for the inverter. During "peak PV", are your AC loads still relatively light? If so, that might explain why fan 3's exhaust remains cool. Does fan 3 exhaust heat up if you put 3 or 4 kW of AC load on your inverter?

-A

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. When I had only grid charging, and loads were live, and no PV at all, the two upper fans ran, and the lower one did not.

@SunBandit I suspect you may have it backwards... I believe fans 1 and 2 are for the PV charge controller, and fan 3 is for the inverter. During "peak PV", are your AC loads still relatively light? If so, that might explain why fan 3's exhaust remains cool. Does fan 3 exhaust heat up if you put 3 or 4 kW of AC load on your inverter?

-A
From what I have observed, fan 3 speed ramps up in tight correlation with PV input. Fans 1 and 2 ramp up in tight correlation with load.

Here is what I came up with.

I used 2 layers of foil bubble insulation to make ducts that vent into the attic from the garage. This solution is great.

--The garage is much cooler than prior (5-6 deg F),
--The fan noise is much much less. I did not make dB measurements.
--The cost was $32
--The material is lightweight so as to not require supports yet strong enough to act as a duct.

I used clear packing tape which sticks to the material well and metal foil tape to build it.

Attachments

• 20240716_081125~2.jpg
    20240716_081125~2.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back