diy solar

diy solar

6000xp warning face code 00

Benchen123

Turn on the 6000xp today for the first time and get a warning face with code 00. I have 2 eg4 batteries with it.
I checked the manual it listed either as E000 “internal communication fail” or W000 “Battery communication failure”
Anybody have any idea what going on?

IMG_2684.jpegIMG_2686.jpegIMG_2688.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2686.jpeg
    IMG_2686.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 5
Check your battery settings to ensure they are set for your specific battery type. Check your battery communications cable for proper pinning/installation.

Set battery type to lead acid and confirm the inverter is working correctly.
Then you can go down the comms path if you are feeling brave !!!

Set battery type to lead acid and confirm the inverter is working correctly.
Then you can go down the comms path if you are feeling brave !!!
I did that to test the inverter and is giving me 240v so I thank is the battery communication. I try to use a my windows pc to update the firmware but got stuck on “Address 0 read remote measurement information failed!” In the eg4
BMS_ Test V2.7.3 😪

Attachments

• IMG_2693.jpeg
    IMG_2693.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 9
Did you ever figure this out? I just fired up my 6k and have the same issue. Based on the documentation this should be configurable in UI under "Common Setting", but it is nowhere to be seen.

Not
Did you ever figure this out? I just fired up my 6k and have the same issue. Based on the documentation this should be configurable in UI under "Common Setting", but it is nowhere to be seen.
not yet still working on it. I will update here if I find anything.

Not

not yet still working on it. I will update here if I find anything.
As for the 6K it the battery communication problem. I set it to lead acid and confirm the inverter and it did gave me 240v so the inverter is working. I need to update the battery framework for to communicate and I’m stilling try to figure that out.

As for the 6K it the battery communication problem. I set it to lead acid and confirm the inverter and it did gave me 240v so the inverter is working. I need to update the battery framework for to communicate and I’m stilling try to figure that out.
I have a ticket in to Sig Solar with a reference to this thread as well as all my troubleshooting steps. I will reply when they get back to me as well! I believe this is a problem with their UI - I have never seen the option to configure battery type. In fact, I dont even see the "common settings" the documentation references in the interface.

EG4 makes great products, but notoriously is poor at software.

Ok talked to Sig Solar today. It sounds like the solve may be around upgrading the firmware on your battery. Have you tried that yet? Im waiting for the proper cable in the male but the download for my battery is here:

Also, did you make sure you were on mode 3 on the inverter? you can reach config mode by holding down the enter button for 3 seconds on the main screen

Back