diy solar

diy solar

6000XP with 2x Power Pro wire size

rnorty

I saw a thread discussing this already but I want to make sure I'm using the proper wire size. I have 2x 6000XPs that will each be connected to its own PowerPro, and plan to use the parallel cables. What size wire should I be using from the 6000XP's battery terminal to the batteries? The 6000XP manual calls for 1AWG, but it looks like the PowerPro came with 2AWG cables with the water proof connectors. PowerPro can output 100A x2 = 10,400 watts possible? Should I just skip using the parallel cables? My thought process was increased battery and redundancy by sharing the two batteries between the two inverters.

I used the 2/0 cables supplied. You do want to parallel the two batteries; it makes them one. You will have to terminate the inverter cables unfortunately.

I saw a thread discussing this already but I want to make sure I'm using the proper wire size. I have 2x 6000XPs that will each be connected to its own PowerPro, and plan to use the parallel cables. What size wire should I be using from the 6000XP's battery terminal to the batteries? The 6000XP manual calls for 1AWG, but it looks like the PowerPro came with 2AWG cables with the water proof connectors. PowerPro can output 100A x2 = 10,400 watts possible? Should I just skip using the parallel cables? My thought process was increased battery and redundancy by sharing the two batteries between the two inverters.
I recommend using the 2/0 cables that you received with the PowerPro batteries. You will get more out of both inverters and batteries by parallelling them together.

diy solar

diy solar
Back