diy solar

diy solar

61lb 12v 344ah LifeP04 same size as typical 100ah? Whaaaaat?

Rocksnsalt

Solar Enthusiast
This can’t be legit or am I missing something?
Weight: 61 lbs (27.6Kg).
Size Dimensions: L 13.5 in (343mm) x W 7.25in (184mm) x H 9.75 in (247mm)
Voltage: 12.8V
Energy: 4,403 Watts (Wh)
Amp-Hours: 344Ah
Charge Volts: 14.6v
Continous Amps: 150A max

Last edited:
Yeah bump bump here. Doesn't seem to be scammer because most of the other batteries are more standard but doesn't make sense either.

If true, this would be the only battery worth buying today where size is a factor.

344Ah is a BIG one. ;)

It says lifepo, but must not be prismatic cells - I don't think 344Ah ones would fit. [shrug] My 230A ones wouldn't.
Maybe they're NCM - lithium nickel carbon manganese. I just ordered a EcoFlow Delta Mini - it's 240A NCM cells. Pretty compact.

It seems like I have seen some of these guys just adding up the Ah of all the cells inside and using that as a number... (even though they are in series)...

So maybe it is really 86 Ah, but it has 344 Ah worth of cells in it...

But not for $2100. :oops:
I'm guessing it's really 344A, just not clear how they're packing all that in there.
Would be nice to see some verification/review/capacity testing.

But not for $2100. :oops:
I'm guessing it's really 344A, just not clear how they're packing all that in there.
Would be nice to see some verification/review/capacity testing.

Well, it looks like others seem to like their products, unless they're fake reviews...

Seen on their FAQ page...

"
  • Can Monster Marine Lithium Batteries be used for RV's, Solar, & Van's?
    • Yes, our 12v 100Ah deep cycles are most commonly used for all the above, due to our batteries able to withstand lots of vibrations and jarring our marine batteries work amazing for RV's, Solar, and Van's! We also have a 12v 344Ah deep cycle that is only 1/2 inch longer and 1/2 inch wider than a normal group 31 battery that is taking over the Van life and RV world!

"

I guess someone would have to test them 3rd party... I guess they say they will take over the Van life and RV world...

A "Gary" from their website responded that they don't have any tear down or build info available. That seems a little odd if its a legitimate battery. I haven't seen any other batteries that shy away from giving the cell information.

In a second email I asked about a manual or technical specs; waiting for a response.

It seems like I have seen some of these guys just adding up the Ah of all the cells inside and using that as a number... (even though they are in series)...

So maybe it is really 86 Ah, but it has 344 Ah worth of cells in it...
Would they be able to claim a 150amp discharge then?

I couldn’t find any reviews of this exact battery on youtube.
I noticed some of their other batteries such as 100ah appear to be light weight also.
Arkansas huh. Did they get a visit from aliens and get a new technology reward after their probe?

I guess they can claim anything they want. Until a 3rd party tests them and publishes results, nobody will know the truth...
Agreed.
Until I see legit reviews showing capacity etc and how they get this much power in that small package and a tear down to prove it, I can only think “if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is“.

Last edited:
Agreed.
Until I see legit reviews showing capacity etc and how they get this much power in that small package, I can only think “if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is“.
And at 61lbs for that size, well that's lead acid type weight.

Or very high cell density.
My 18650-cell ebike packs are heavy AF - in the downtube. About 24lbs for a 500W pack, @36V.

Last edited:
I think if you buy enough batteries from china they'll put whatever label you want on them.
I have a buddy that sells packaging. The crap that comes from china, and the cannabis industry, are beyond huge. They were doing all the packaging for Liquid IV - they were making a hundred grand a month. Now that I think about it, it was more than that. More like $600K.

344Ah is a BIG one. ;)

It says lifepo, but must not be prismatic cells - I don't think 344Ah ones would fit. [shrug] My 230A ones wouldn't.
Maybe they're NCM - lithium nickel carbon manganese. I just ordered a EcoFlow Delta Mini - it's 240A NCM cells. Pretty compact.
That particular case from China does fit the 304AH EVE cells. I suspect the 344AH rating is a scam or a mistake.

Whoever answers emails there declined my offer for a loaner to review. I told him even if it came up 30% short in a capacity test it would still be an instant best seller. Instead he offered a discount.

I don't think too many people are going to send off money for something that is probably not possible, so I'll pass.

diy solar

diy solar
Back