diy solar

diy solar

61lb 12v 344ah LifeP04 same size as typical 100ah? Whaaaaat?

I don't know of any company selling 344Ah cells. They could be grade b cylindrical. Those are dirt cheap and you can make any capacity you want really.

I don't know of any company selling 344Ah cells. They could be grade b cylindrical. Those are dirt cheap and you can make any capacity you want really.
But aren't you curious to do something OTHER than a Chins/Ampertime/Zoom knock-off? I know I'm really curious to see a proper capacity test and tear down. Those could be a great contender for the rackmounts if their numbers prove to be anywhere near true.

But aren't you curious to do something OTHER than a Chins/Ampertime/Zoom knock-off? I know I'm really curious to see a proper capacity test and tear down. Those could be a great contender for the rackmounts if their numbers prove to be anywhere near true.
Sure! Buy one and send it to this address, and I would love to rip it open and do a capacity test:

PROWSE PUBLICATIONS LLC
1550 W HORIZON RIDGE PKWY STER #65
HENDERSON NV 89012-3600

I have also done tear downs on 20+ other budget batteries besides chins/ampertime etc. Did you miss all of those videos? I have 5 batteries I haven't even touched yet that are in the same price and feature category, sitting in my shop. I plan to review everything, but I have been stuck on the ecoflow delta pro and server rack packs.

Also had to focus on the signature solar 5000ES issue for a few days.

I know the case fits the EVE 304 AH prismatic cells, and I think (but don't know) it fits CATL 302 AH cells as well. I haven't seen or heard of any 344 AH cells, although that doesn't mean they don't exist.

It's a common case size that is widely used (example):

I have also done tear downs on 20+ other budget batteries besides chins/ampertime etc. Did you miss all of those videos? I have 5 batteries I haven't even touched yet that are in the same price and feature category, sitting in my shop. I plan to review everything, but I have been stuck on the ecoflow delta pro and server rack packs.

Also had to focus on the signature solar 5000ES issue for a few days
Actually, I've been trying to keep up as best I can, but the last video I got to watch was the 1Kw Super-Easy-System and that was a 45 minute process. Almost all the battery videos I can remember seeing any time recently were pretty much the same as the Zoom and Chins, just in a different package.

There isn't enough bandwidth on the ship to stream video, my only chance is to buy a tourist SIM card in Guam and try to watch that way. Between COVID lockdowns and company paranoia, last week was the first time in over a year that we've been allowed to go ashore. I spent the day sourcing parts, tools, and groceries and by the time I was back to the ship, we were leaving again. So, no, I haven't been able to watch the videos lately, pretty much had no internet access to speak of since x-mas. I'll be playing a LOT of catch-up come July when I'm shore side again. :)

So, don't worry about doing it any time soon, I'm not in a hurry. Just really curious about the promised energy density. :)

I would like to see a teardown of the ecoflow delta pro!

Just found a teardown of the Ecoflow Delta Pro, but did not tear down the battery cells.

diy solar

diy solar
Back