diy solar

diy solar

6500 EX battery bank size

TJOPT

I would guess that the question I have is already answered somewhere in the forums but for the life of me, I cannot find it. I have two 6500 EX and plan to install a 15-16 kW solar array. My question is the maximum battery bank size that two 6500 EX inverters will charge. My hope is that it would charge 40 kWh worth of batteries in a 48v system

It will depend on how much energy you pull out of them overnight and how much energy you use during the day. If it is any help, I have 6.8k of panels, two '6500s, 60kWh of batteries. I pull about 15kWh over night and my batteries are fully recharged no later than 2:pM. That includes an additional 5kWh of daytime usage.

As long as you have the array to fill em, as far as I know, the inverters don’t care how big the battery bank is

Mine is 62kWh, four 304aH batteries with 15.2kWp. Works great on my shop so far. Those noisy fans increase my idle consumption to 1.9A each vs my 1.3A per SolArk12K.

I have 105kWh bank on mine.

I would guess that the question I have is already answered somewhere in the forums but for the life of me, I cannot find it. I have two 6500 EX and plan to install a 15-16 kW solar array. My question is the maximum battery bank size that two 6500 EX inverters will charge. My hope is that it would charge 40 kWh worth of batteries in a 48v system
I went 1 year with 30 kWh....recently added another 30 kWh for a total of 60 kWh.

Back