diy solar

diy solar

Adding batteries to EG4-6500 EX

TJOPT

Good evening everyone …

Currently have 2 6500-ex inverters. I have ordered 2 PowerPro batteries with my intention to add a 3rd. I do have the ability to cancel my order and will or won’t depending on the responses here. These are my questions:

1) would server rack batteries be a better choice. I want right at 40-50 kWhs. 3 power pros give me 42.9. 10 server rack batteries would give me 51.2.

2) Eg4 or SOK????

3) how important is comms with the battery? The inexpensive SOK is very appealing as I would be ordering 10. The lifepower4 is 100 more and it will communicate. Is comms worth an additional 1000?

Thank you to everyone in advance!
Tom

Good evening everyone …

Currently have 2 6500-ex inverters. I have ordered 2 PowerPro batteries with my intention to add a 3rd. I do have the ability to cancel my order and will or won’t depending on the responses here. These are my questions:

1) would server rack batteries be a better choice. I want right at 40-50 kWhs. 3 power pros give me 42.9. 10 server rack batteries would give me 51.2.

2) Eg4 or SOK????

3) how important is comms with the battery? The inexpensive SOK is very appealing as I would be ordering 10. The lifepower4 is 100 more and it will communicate. Is comms worth an additional 1000?

Thank you to everyone in advance!
Tom
I like using comms.

It’s probably up to you whether or not you have the space for one type vs the other.
I never ran comms on my 6500s (granted I only have DIY batteries). I seemed to hear of more issues with people trying to set them up and get them working. I just used a smart shunt and Solar Assiatant to keep track of my SOC.

It’s probably up to you whether or not you have the space for one type vs the other.

I never ran comms on my 6500s (granted I only have DIY batteries). I seemed to hear of more issues with people trying to set them up and get them working. I just used a smart shunt and Solar Assiatant to keep track of my SOC.
Thank you. My assumption is this Victron smart shut will work with the 6500-EX unit

Back