diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500 EX with A/C and D/C Loads

cschreurs31

Hello All,

This is my first time posting in the forum. I've been looking at a lot of diagrams and have watched plenty of Will's videos in preparing for our off-grid shed. My initial setup (already purchased) will consist of an EG4 6500 EX, two LiFePower 48V 100ah server Rack batteries, and the EG4 Server Rack with busbars. Of course, the wiring will all be based on the specs and diagrams I've read from Will's website. I will run a small panel for A/C outlets and a few appliances. I live in Pakistan (International Teacher at the International School of Islamabad) and will be working on all of this beginning in June.

We have already purchased, and plan on running, mostly DC appliances, and I was wondering can I run cables from the server rack busbars (through a fuse on the positive side) to a Victron 48V-12V DC-DC Converter and then into Blue Sea DC Fuse Block?

If anybody has a good wiring diagram for this, I sure would appreciate it!
IMG-20220927-WA0007.jpg

I was wondering can I run cables from the server rack busbars (through a fuse on the positive side) to a Victron 48V-12V DC-DC Converter and then into Blue Sea DC Fuse Block?

I believe you should be able to do this just fine, only possible issue is that you will not have a low voltage cutoff besides what the batteries BMS will provide.

If anybody has a good wiring diagram for this, I sure would appreciate it!

You should be able to use a Wire Size Amperage Chart to figure out the right size of wires if thats what youre wondering about

Back