diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500-EX inverter with a F09 code - bus soft start failed

JamesM

I have a EG4 6500-EX inverter, that is displaying a F09 code, "solar assistant reports it as - bus soft start failed". From research, I think there are internal components that need to be replaced. Does anyone know of business or person in the US that does this type of repair ?

I have a EG4 6500-EX inverter, that is displaying a F09 code, "solar assistant reports it as - bus soft start failed". From research, I think there are internal components that need to be replaced. Does anyone know of business or person in the US that does this type of repair ?
Did you purchase your 6.5 from Signature Solar?

Did you purchase your 6.5 from Signature Solar?
I purchased it from someone else, not directly from a retailer. It didn't have the error when I first got it, I think it is a neutral/ground issue.

Attachments

• EG4A.jpg
    EG4A.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 7
  • EG4B.jpg
    EG4B.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 7
I purchased it from someone else, not directly from a retailer. It didn't have the error when I first got it, I think it is a neutral/ground issue.
Can you share some images of how you have everything wired together?

I have a EG4 6500-EX inverter, that is displaying a F09 code, "solar assistant reports it as - bus soft start failed". From research, I think there are internal components that need to be replaced. Does anyone know of business or person in the US that does this type of repair ?\
This is in fact a 'bus soft start failure'. We can do the repair for this if I remember correctly. I don't really know specifics as far as cost and such.

What is your start up procedure when you are powering on the inverter? This is typically the most common way people get an 09.

Back