diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500 ERX-48 Generator start

ramseyjack

been around a day or two
Been doing this a long time, and purchased a couple of EG4 6500 EX-48's when they first came out for an emergency backup when one of my customers Outbacks fail (great product line but after about 7-10 years you better have a lot of spares on hand for parts supply is sometimes a long wait). So I just had to dust off the boxes and get them up and running on the test bench today. Loaded new firmware in both the EG4 Lifepower batteries and the inverter, everything talking, configured for split phase (2 inverters) and even got the Watchpower wireless app working. (much nicer serial app, but I don't have the inverter unlock password to make remote changes). Crude but not remote friendly (I keep solid state PC's and whatever needed software loaded for the first couple of months on customer sites when trying new devices).
Long story short all working but cannot find a single reference to anyone using the dry contact to start a generator with the EG4 6500 EX-48. This is not an option, really have to enable this feature.
I have searched in all the regular places, with no matches, but thought someone here had one working. I'll take a rest and look when my head is a little clearer.

Thanks for everything,

Jack

Based on your post it sounds like you are quite competent so not sure what question is being asked? Bottom of Page 12 of the EG4 6500EX user manual has a detailed description of the Aux relay function. It varies slightly based on user setting 01. USB, SUB or SBU. Page attached if that helps.

Attachments

• EG4 Aux Relay.pdf
    115.9 KB · Views: 32
thank you I just found it also in the older manual....GRIN. then noticed on p9 of the latest manual I downloaded earlier in the day and simply overlooked it!! Thanks again, second set of eyes... is ALWAYS appreciated!! let you know how it turns out. Thank again Bentley

Yes.. there were a couple of issues, taking most of the Thanksgiving weekend, and I had to search the LV6548 forums to figure out the password for the Watchpower App, then make the changes. I had to first make the output source priority to USB (Utility Solar Battery), before it would work. I sleuthed Windows Watchpower app somewhere as "administrator" (no quotes in the password) (not the 1-8 in the documentation), but could not get the charger source to change to SNU, States took the change but still showing CSO. set the back to grid voltage at 51 and back to discharge voltage at 55. It was a Lot of trial and error and having to watch ti all the time. (remotely).
I think if I could have gotten the inverters connected to the internet, rather than having to do it all through a Local PC and remote access, probably could have graphed the changes easier than having to check it every few hours. Oh well, it is working and is a few hours away. will get them connected on the next trip.
Hope this helpsC_ranch_screenshot.jpg

Back