diy solar

diy solar

6x100AH 24V LifePO4 Batteries in Parallel?

rooni

Hi all,

I recently purchased 6 - 24v 100AH LifePO4 Batteries and only realized after that the manufacturer recommended only putting 4 in parallel. My plan was to fuse and equal length wire them to a bus bar based on my research.

I searched the forum prior to posting but there were limited posts on the subject. The batteries cannot network individually like some of the pricier rack mounted systems to coordinate balancing, but I hope that equal wire length would be enough - above that I could probably pull/balance them if things got crazy?

Questions:
  • The manufacturer won't explain why you can't connect more than 4 in parallel - I'm guessing it's a liability/warranty issue as the max potential amps would be insane if not fused properly?
  • Any recommendations on bus bars that can handle 6 batteries?

System components purchased:
  1. Victron Multi-Plus 2 - max 70a charging current
  2. Victron Smart Solar MPPT 150/60 - 2S2P 1480W Vehicle Mounted Array
  3. Victron Smart Solar MPPT 75/15 - 4S 400w Vehicle Mounted Array
  4. Victron Lynx Distributor 1000a
  5. Cerbo GX
  6. 6x Eco-Worthy 100AH 24V LifePO4 Batteries

I have six 12v 100AH batteries in parallel, with zero issues. They all have BT, so I check them once in a while (like every 2 months) and they have all been close enough that I don't give it a second thought. They do get fully charged almost daily, and I think that helps keep them in "balance". What I mean is that any battery that may be lagging on the charge will simply continue to draw more charge current than the other ones.

I have six 12v 100AH batteries in parallel, with zero issues. They all have BT, so I check them once in a while (like every 2 months) and they have all been close enough that I don't give it a second thought. They do get fully charged almost daily, and I think that helps keep them in "balance". What I mean is that any battery that may be lagging on the charge will simply continue to draw more charge current than the other ones.
Thank you - did you bus bar them or just wire them all up?

diy solar

diy solar
Back